Sponsored

‼️ UPDATE FORD E-RAPTOR grille swap and install tutorial

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I wonder if the LED Putco Ford Emblem could be mounted to this. That could potentially solve the Camera mount hassle.

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
.......... Trophy husband
Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

Steveel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Is it an actual Ford Raptor grill or the one sold on ebay for Lightning? About to purchase one, just wanted to make sure it's the one I need. Something hit my truck on a hwy yesterday :(Thought it was a bird. Nearest car was 100 ft ahead of me.

20240401_150644.jpg
Wow glad it missed the headlight, that is about $2000.00.

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
I did this on my pro but now that I trade in for lariat I might do it again but this time since the lariat do not have the water sprayer. I think it’s possible to just drill a small hole to fit the camera and reuse the original camera mount on the grille to have the correct mounting angle.
How did it turn out in your pro? Did you add the light bar, or did you put it in without it? Would love to see a picture as I’m contemplating the same for my pro

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
How did it turn out in your pro? Did you add the light bar, or did you put it in without it? Would love to see a picture as I’m contemplating the same for my pro
Yes, I’ve added the light bar

Front look just like what is shown on here. But if you do it I suggest just drilling a small hole to fit the camera through. I don’t think you need the camera mount listed here since there is no camera spray. It would be an easy clean cut for easy touch up.

Jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
I was referred to this thread from someone on Facebook. Thank you so much OP for such detailed instructions.
I had an incident and trashed my grille.
I ordered the one in the photo.
I have a 2023 Lariat without the washer.
here’s my grille and bought it from this place.

Hopefully all I have to do is cut a hole for the camera and hot glue it in.

Ford F-150 Lightning ‼️ UPDATE FORD E-RAPTOR grille swap and install tutorial IMG_3991

Ford F-150 Lightning ‼️ UPDATE FORD E-RAPTOR grille swap and install tutorial IMG_3977

Reactions: N87

Sponsored
OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
I was referred to this thread from someone on Facebook. Thank you so much OP for such detailed instructions.
I had an incident and trashed my grille.
I ordered the one in the photo.
I have a 2023 Lariat without the washer.
here’s my grille and bought it from this place.

Hopefully all I have to do is cut a hole for the camera and hot glue it in.

IMG_3991.jpeg

IMG_3977.jpeg
Bummer about the OE grille. Yes! Camera is all ya need! Take measurements and angles of the camera on the stock grille and get it a close as possible so the 360 image will stitch properly. Happy modding🤙🏼

Jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
Bummer about the OE grille. Yes! Camera is all ya need! Take measurements and angles of the camera on the stock grille and get it a close as possible so the 360 image will stitch properly. Happy modding🤙🏼
Ok great, thank you very much. Maybe I’ll attempt the lights too.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
@Zaptor @AZT9 thank you guys for your instructions! Used backplate from OEM mount for camera with some epoxy.
1000001913.jpg
1000001914.jpg
I have a hard enough time cleaning bug splatter off of my stock grill. This grill looks good now but it would be a real chore cleaning bug splatter out of those pockets. This grill is not for me.

what I would like to see is some kind of LED grill that gives you a light show.

Jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
I switched my grille a few days ago. I only had a few hours until leaving for the lake so I have it partially done. Getting the old grille off was super easy except for a few bolts that were bent from the tow straps putting holes in the grille. I didn't have any epoxy on hand so I removed the FORD oval and took the camera and mount (non washer) out.
When pushing the mount against the grill (like it is on the OEM), the camera is at the stock angle and positioned close enough.
But the plastic line below the camera is barely in view of the front camera screen.

I just duct taped the mount to grille. When I get more time, I'll epoxy the mount in and shave the plastic under the camera so it's out of view and also silicone around the camera hole.

All in all, I think it looks better than the stock one, or spending $1,200 on a new one, or $700 on a used OEM grille.

Washing is easy too, I just pressure wash in the slots and it gets all the bugs out, but it does throw some water back at you.

I don't think I'm gong to add the FORD letters as I think it looks better this way.

To me, this was the easiest way instead of trying to epoxy just the camera to the grill and getting the alignment perfect.
Ford F-150 Lightning ‼️ UPDATE FORD E-RAPTOR grille swap and install tutorial IMG_4592.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning ‼️ UPDATE FORD E-RAPTOR grille swap and install tutorial IMG_4594

Last edited:

Jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
For the wiring, The kit comes with waterproof connectors and a lead with a simple positive and ground wire. I actually followed then tutorial elsewhere on this forum on installing the lit ford emblem. Very straightforward. Only problem i ran into is that the pigtail is a tad too short to reach the fuse panel on the passenger side of the truck and about 2 feet of extension was added. I grounded to the bolt on the fender near the fuse panel and used a simple fuse tap to space 22 on the fuse panel and recommended on the other thread. Buttoned everything up and your in the E-Raptor club!

I have noticed that the LEDs don’t light up with the light bar but when the truck is started. I might toy around with a different fuse to get everything to light at the same time. For now, im happy.

Hope this helps anyone who is interested.

CHEERS!
Hello, you said you tapped into #22 from another thread recommendation. In the manual it says 22 is the Electronic power assist steering module. This is the correct one?
Also, are they mini or micro fuses.
Sponsored

Last edited: