Sponsored

✅ 1/16/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
I had a feeling this would happen. Getting this when I try the order tracker: "This vehicle has already been delivered. Please visit our owner properties to learn more about your vehicle!"

Except it's not been delivered to my dealer.

Going to talk to Ford chat just to make sure my truck doesn't get lost between the cracks or something. In a twisted way I'm fascinated by how disparate each of Ford's tracking systems are. I've even had the reservation page and the order tracker contradict each other... and I know Ford has at least one more system to track their inventory at a more granular level. Crazy.

First Name
E. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Chief Water Scientist
Got the final check amount from the dealership. Only surprise was a slight reduction as CT has lower rego fees for EVs. Will have to hear about warranty options when I go, but that's par for the course!

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Attachments

First Name
E. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Chief Water Scientist
Picked up the truck today! Easy process. The thing is a beast! Pretty much immediately gets up to speed merging onto the interstate and a lot of fun to drive. Currently doing a test charge at the town hall while I visit my local watering hole. Slow charger, but free and never gain range parking an ICE vehicle!

Sponsored

Jreed

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning ER Lariat Avalanche
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Finally picked up my truck last Friday, Lariat ER in Avalanche Gray. What a process to get this truck, it took almost two years, all the ups and downs and delivery delays I hope this truck is worth it. First impressions are it was worth the wait. I hope everyone else on this build-week thread are enjoying their truck. Happy driving and I hope to see you on the road.

First Name
E. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Chief Water Scientist
I just received my Ford Charge Station Pro! Nice to have that resolved with no intervention required on my part. It will go in as part of my upcoming solar/V2H project!

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Called the marketing line that Ford chat gave me today and spoke with the nicest person (genuinely) and got myself a case number about why my truck is in limbo. Took me maybe only 10 minutes of my time. Might hear something back as early as next week Friday. 🤞

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh also I forgot to mention this but got reminded after talking with another forum member.

Awhile back when I was speaking with Ford they mentioned that trucks affected by the battery issue were repaired in an order proportional to their progression in the delivery process. Meaning, those that already reached customers (the 18 recalled) were fixed first, then the ones already at dealers, then the ones stuck in transit, and lastly the ones that never left the factory.

I'm sure that there were exceptions to this but I think factory trucks being last is most surprising to me. I figured they'd be the easiest to repair since all the equipment is right there.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Oh also I forgot to mention this but got reminded after talking with another forum member.

Awhile back when I was speaking with Ford they mentioned that trucks affected by the battery issue were repaired in an order proportional to their progression in the delivery process. Meaning, those that already reached customers (the 18 recalled) were fixed first, then the ones already at dealers, then the ones stuck in transit, and lastly the ones that never left the factory.

I'm sure that there were exceptions to this but I think factory trucks being last is most surprising to me. I figured they'd be the easiest to repair since all the equipment is right there.
A case # heh? well, I asked to talked to a supervisor three days ago and have heard nothing so tomorrow morning I'm going to raise the temperature a little .

Regarding the progression of repairs, this occured to me a while back. Monitoring this forum daily and tracking every member whose truck was built but not delivered. and the dates built vs the date of final delivery. Mine was the 803rd built the (build) week the fire occurred. I figure that puts me at the back of the line. If I'm right the end should be close, but there's no excuse for Ford leaving me in the dark for 2 1/2 months with not a single message about MY truck. The VP of Customer Experience is going to hear from me when this is all over. let us know what transpires next week. Good Luck and wish me some!

Sponsored

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good luck, dave! Hope you get some sort of news at least.

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here's an update of sorts: Ford marketing called me back (couple weeks ago at this point) and after getting in touch with the logistics department they determined that they don't know where the truck is. 🙃 And since it's 30 days "after delivery" the tracker thinks my VIN is no longer valid, and Ford can't see it either as a result. They just see that it's been delivered to my dealer when it hasn't been -- the last known location I know of was that it was returned back to Michigan for a "chip hold". Ford said it would be best to get in contact with my dealer and gave me a few items for them to check on their end specifically.

Called my dealer (again), and now they can no longer see the truck in their system either, nor the truck's location. They're going to call their Ford contact (I've heard this before) and get back to me when they can.

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Ford Motor Company - Is there anything you can do for me? I've been waiting patiently 3 months past when my truck was originally supposed to be delivered and have heard nothing about the status of my truck since the battery fire delay e-mail. My issue is that Ford's system says that the truck was delivered to my dealer and I even got the e-mail notification for it. But it wasn't. Last seen in Michigan, and the time before that at the port of Wilmington, DE. I've got a case # I can give you too.

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm happy to inform everyone that I was able to take delivery today. Thanks for letting me vent and for the support. I wanted to take a photo but it's down-pouring right now so maybe later.

While I would have liked having the truck sooner (or even received any status updates from ford at all these past 3 months), paying $4K lower and locking in 3.9% finacing with ford is a nice consolation prize. Apparently my truck arrived at the dealer mere hours after Ford lowered the price for all trucks.

Also, FYI: check your tire pressure. Mine was set to 41 PSI.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I'm happy to inform everyone that I was able to take delivery today. Thanks for letting me vent and for the support. I wanted to take a photo but it's down-pouring right now so maybe later.

While I would have liked having the truck sooner (or even received any status updates from ford at all these past 3 months), paying $4K lower and locking in 3.9% finacing with ford is a nice consolation prize. Apparently my truck arrived at the dealer mere hours after Ford lowered the price for all trucks.

Also, FYI: check your tire pressure. Mine was set to 41 PSI.
Congrat's on enduring the long wait and rich rewards for doing so, with that said I'm marking the thread title with a green check mark ✅

I think you are the last one to track for this week, if I'm wrong others please chime in.!!
Sponsored