• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Well despite every notification to the contrary, my Lightning ER was delivered to my local dealer today 12/19/2023! Can't help with Shipped Date, since it is still blank for shipped, but it is here and I have a photo of it and just now I got the "Complete your purchase" email. Going to look it over in few minutes.
Congrats! Just in time for Christmas! There were two others last week that went straight from Built to Delivered. One from TX and one from NJ. Ford’s tracking system is getting extract sucky lately.
Sponsored

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
Are any of you having trouble with FordPass not updating the charge level? Mine hasn't updated since Dec. 14 when it was at the dealership, at 100%. It was at the dealership for two more days after that and has been home for three. Is there some trick to make it update how much the battery is charged?

To be clear, nothing is updating about the truck. It still has it at the dealership with higher tire pressure. The trip report actually hasn't been updated since Dec. 13.

bryko

First Name
bryko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, '22 Corolla, '13 Escape
Occupation
Engineer
The arrival. 2023 Lariat ER plus spray in bed liner, avalanche. I like it! Order date 7 Sep 22…Until today, the delivery was at for 2-8 Jan and I had given up.. Now I have to decide, Dealer gave me 48 hours. Which is more than fair.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 7A2AE846-1AA7-4F3C-92E2-FDE16567D5DA
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 98DC615B-01FA-4619-834F-CD1FD8AC55B3

markeyv

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
architect
a day dropped off my estimated delivery. was 12/25-12/31. now its 12/24-12/30. hoping for even sooner

Jernat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry hybrid, Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Are any of you having trouble with FordPass not updating the charge level? Mine hasn't updated since Dec. 14 when it was at the dealership, at 100%. It was at the dealership for two more days after that and has been home for three. Is there some trick to make it update how much the battery is charged?

To be clear, nothing is updating about the truck. It still has it at the dealership with higher tire pressure. The trip report actually hasn't been updated since Dec. 13.
Check your connectivity on your 12" screen. I had this happen and could not see any activity with app. Disconnected 12V waited a few minutes and reconnected...Problem solved.

Sponsored

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Check your connectivity on your 12" screen. I had this happen and could not see any activity with app. Disconnected 12V waited a few minutes and reconnected...Problem solved.
Thank you for this tip. To be clear, you're saying to pull one of the battery cables on the 12v battery in the firewall area?

Jernat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry hybrid, Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you for this tip. To be clear, you're saying to pull one of the battery cables on the 12v battery in the firewall area?
Yes. remove the negative (black) side. Make sure you tighten back up ( i also check the other cable to make sure). You may have to manually close your frunk. Mine lost it's position, but once closed it was good to go.

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
I don't think the dealer can actually only give you 48 hours. I am not saying if you take longer than 48 hours they cant do things to screw you over.

Unless you tell them you don't want it and it may have to be in writing. I think it takes upwards of a month or so before they can forcibly take over the truck.

The arrival. 2023 Lariat ER plus spray in bed liner, avalanche. I like it! Order date 7 Sep 22…Until today, the delivery was at for 2-8 Jan and I had given up.. Now I have to decide, Dealer gave me 48 hours. Which is more than fair.
7A2AE846-1AA7-4F3C-92E2-FDE16567D5DA.jpeg
98DC615B-01FA-4619-834F-CD1FD8AC55B3.jpeg

bryko

First Name
bryko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, '22 Corolla, '13 Escape
Occupation
Engineer
I don't think the dealer can actually only give you 48 hours. I am not saying if you take longer than 48 hours they cant do things to screw you over.

Unless you tell them you don't want it and it may have to be in writing. I think it takes upwards of a month or so before they can forcibly take over the truck.
Well I prefer to avoid any conflict. I am not feeling any pressure and I can decide today no problem and let them know by tomorrow. They have been great and have no ADM. Just a document fee that everyone has to pay. They have committed to the Ford EV highest tier and I am looking forward to a long relationship with them.

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes. remove the negative (black) side. Make sure you tighten back up ( i also check the other cable to make sure). You may have to manually close your frunk. Mine lost it's position, but once closed it was good to go.
This wasn’t the solution, though I think there may have been a missed setting in the way. I went through some menus and found I hadn’t given certain permissions related to connectivity. I did everything I think I can with that, and have since done battery pulls twice for 10+ minutes without any change. It’s some general problem, because I can’t use the remote lock, unlock and start features, either. Obviously the truck at one point had communication, since it did a status report while charging at the dealer. Do I have to pay for a subscription or something?

Edit: I called FordPass customer service. They tried resetting the Sync 4 system and a couple of other things before escalating it to I.T. I'm waiting on a call back.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
30 days. That is Ford's official policy on completing a sale of a customer-ordered vehicle. If the dealership is trying to force a customer to agree to buy it within 48 hours, they're slimeballs.

Then again, they may just be looking for a commitment. As in, does he intend to buy it? Or if no, then they can have him sign a release and move it into general inventory. ...probably have people on a waitlist anyway.

benredington

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Graphic Designer
My 2023 Ford Lightning ER showed up last time!. I'm taking delivery at 2pm today. What a process. I can't wait!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) IMG_5669

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) IMG_5665

markeyv

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
architect
my lightning just showed up & dealer just called me! it will be ready for pickup tomorrow afternoon. I may or may not take the long way home from work to take a look at it.

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
my lightning just showed up & dealer just called me! it will be ready for pickup tomorrow afternoon. I may or may not take the long way home from work to take a look at it.
That's awesome, man! I'm so happy this worked out for you -- I know how close it was to being a January delivery! Best of luck closing out the deal.