• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/14/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

marcoetche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vw golf sportwagen
Just got an email it is built and website says it will be delivered this week 9/3-9/10?! I thought it took a month to deliver after built?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Just got an email it is built and website says it will be delivered this week 9/3-9/10?! I thought it took a month to deliver after built?
Wait a week to see the ETA change .... it will!

DudeTheObscure

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche, Cadillac XT5
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, if my truck is delayed as a result of the strike, I will likely reject it when it arrives. Combined with the plant shutdown and restart, the UAW strike means the workers are absolutely not motivated to do their best work.
As a member of a union shop for 40 years I find this unfounded generalization terribly offensive. My union voted to strike many times (only actually happened once) and I never saw any of my co-workers less motivated to do their job.

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Flash
As a member of a union shop for 40 years I find this unfounded generalization terribly offensive. My union voted to strike many times (only actually happened once) and I never saw any of my co-workers less motivated to do their job.
And I will tell you as someone working in a union shop, in situations like this, morale is low and some people will take their anger out on the company in a variety of ways. Offended or not, it goes against human nature to do otherwise.

DudeTheObscure

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche, Cadillac XT5
Occupation
Retired
And I will tell you as someone working in a union shop, in situations like this, morale is low and some people will take their anger out on the company in a variety of ways. Offended or not, it goes against human nature to do otherwise.
It didn't go against my human nature or that of my co-workers. I'm sorry that you feel the threat of a possible strike is a good reason to take one's anger out on the company. I always took pride in my work regardless of the circumstances.

Sponsored

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Flash
It didn't go against my human nature or that of my co-workers. I'm sorry that you feel the threat of a possible strike is a good reason to take one's anger out on the company. I always took pride in my work regardless of the circumstances.
All I can control is my response to a situation. If my truck is delayed by some weeks or months, regardless of the reason, I will likely reject it as I can't trust the build quality after sitting for so long (at the very least the tires will be shot). I will then wait to see what changes the 2024 MY brings.

nldoty

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER, 2021 Model Y LR
Occupation
Data Engineer @ NASA
It's the union's right to strike and as a customer we need to be aware of things like this. Personally, I'll gladly wait 6 extra months for my truck if it means better wages and benefits for the workers.

TexasEdition

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Carbonized Gray Lightning Pro SR, 240V
Occupation
Landscaper
Morale is sky high. The new UAW leadership is different. Standing up straight, for the first time in a long time.

tjh20290

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Just added my order information. Ordered 5/10, got a production week for 8/21 that then was changed to 8/14. Then no information until the email saying they would be updating my with further information.

The weird thing about my situation is my window sticker disappear from Ford main user interface, but is still available on forddirect.com Here's my information.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/14/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1693930916451

Sponsored

clastevenson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(ordered) 2023 F-150 Lightning XLT ER
At this point, with only a few appearing to go to “built,” and none that have shown as actually shipped, I’m suspecting many of us will get caught in the strike delay.

I had ordered an XLT ER, but if it gets stuck in the factory lot by the strike, I may start looking at lariats on dealer lots. Who knows how long the truck could be sitting there, and dealers may be itching to move something.

christian20

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER (on order)
My 8/14 build week truck (8/18 blend date) is not marked as built. It has a tear tag also. So as far as I can tell, it is done, but that's it.
In the same boat as you, 8/14 Blend Date, but on the ford tracker I don't see an update since 8/27. Oddly I was ahead of @sdingeldein if you compare window stickers, but it doesn't look like any more updates went out today

Phip ATL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
I just pasted this in another forum:
" 8/14 build week here. 8/15 blend. Share everyone's frustration/ excitement/ impatience. Not sure if others have tried this but I actually called Ford Motor Company at the number listed in the Ford Pass App (800) 336-0486 and spoke with a nice man named Chris. He was able to pretty quickly give me an estimated delivery date of 9/9 -9/15. He said the status was that it was "released to carrier on 8/29 and it's on hold due to battery level." My dad has build week 8/7 and his status was similar: released to carrier on 8/28 and sent offsite and on hold due to "fuel level." I don't know what it looks like to try and charge 1,000 trucks at the same time (or what) but given that my Ford Direct page doesn't show any of this info (still "in production") I'm holding out hope for next week that at minimum these trucks are on trains and trucks and headed ever so closer to our driveways. Stay strong everyone."
Sponsored