• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group

LoFi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
So, I'm a bit farther along in the process after being on chip hold for a month. Apparently, the truck was delivered to the dealership on Wednesday. But, I'm told they need to perform the recall, PDI and such. I was told it would be ready today, but now it's slipping to the middle of next week. Does this sound normal? I'm worried something is up, and they're being cagey about it.
Sponsored

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
So, I'm a bit farther along in the process after being on chip hold for a month. Apparently, the truck was delivered to the dealership on Wednesday. But, I'm told they need to perform the recall, PDI and such. I was told it would be ready today, but now it's slipping to the middle of next week. Does this sound normal? I'm worried something is up, and they're being cagey about it.
I'd expect this is the way a recal mid shipment should be handled. It always best in the hands of the dealer. They have staff on hand trained to handle the cars a bit better than shipping companies. No offense to any of the rail workers... I'm sure the dealer will fix it appropriately

LoFi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I'd expect this is the way a recal mid shipment should be handled. It always best in the hands of the dealer. They have staff on hand trained to handle the cars a bit better than shipping companies. No offense to any of the rail workers... I'm sure the dealer will fix it appropriately
Thanks, I'll calm down a bit then. I'm just upset that I'll lose my interest rate since it's getting pushed to past the 30-day lock.

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Thanks, I'll calm down a bit then. I'm just upset that I'll lose my interest rate since it's getting pushed to past the 30-day lock.
Yeah... I've got a few balls in the air about this whole process too. This is way easier then they let it on to be. And I'm sure it's done this way to relieve them ( ford dealer and corporate ) from having any responsibility. It's all liability and cost in thier mind. They think customer experience for this portion should be excluded. (In my opinion.) This is thier sub contractor and should be under thier total controll. Another reason why we only have deposits on the vehicle and they don't technicaly belong to us until it gets here and paperwork is signed. Too much to go wrong.

LoFi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Yeah... I've got a few balls in the air about this whole process too. This is way easier then they let it on to be. And I'm sure it's done this way to relieve them ( ford dealer and corporate ) from having any responsibility. It's all liability and cost in thier mind. They think customer experience for this portion should be excluded. (In my opinion.) This is thier sub contractor and should be under thier total controll. Another reason why we only have deposits on the vehicle and they don't technicaly belong to us until it gets here and paperwork is signed. Too much to go wrong.
That's a good point on the liability. The macro-economics of this whole situation just has us at a disadvantage. I guess I'm just outwardly commiserating.

I just hope I don't get the pitch for add-ons. I'm sure I'll get some spiel when I get to the sales desk though. I already have to worry about charging and HIS installation. Sunrun has been completely unresponsive since June. I've pinged them 5 times and been ghosted twice.

Sponsored

georgepearkes

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
For everyone in the thread that is trying to figure out what the hell is going on with trucks still at railheads, here is the best I can figure between what @Ford Motor Company and my dealer have told me.

1. Our builds were not actually completed when they left the factory, because of a specific chip not being available.
2. Trucks were slapped on trains and shipped to railheads, where they are now waiting for chips.
3. Chips will be installed by roving engineers when they're available. That could be anywhere from immediately to who the hell knows when.

Why did this happen?

First, I suspect there's an incentive to crank trucks down the line and "complete" as many of them as possible. Hence moving trucks from the factory to railheads.

Second, once they're out there, there isn't really a good incentive to get the chips into them. Since other Lightnings are being completed and delivered, we know the chips are out there, but my guess is the factory is getting "first dibs" on everything so we're just stuck in limbo with nobody to advocate for us.

Dealers see us as a pain and don't care enough to get mad at corporate because if we cancel the order they get a free $30k+ markup to sell. Corporate doesn't care because the factory is rolling so what's the problem.

If anyone @Ford Motor Company had a clue, they'd be rushing the chipsets missing from our trucks out the door before putting them in new builds. Instead, they're asleep at the switch. It's a crying shame and an embarrassment.

If I take delivery by year end, it's survivable despite the hit my trade-in values and interest rates will lay on me. But without the $7500 tax credit? I'll just flip it and wait patiently for when EV pickups are available from another company that doesn't treat me like trash.

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
For everyone in the thread that is trying to figure out what the hell is going on with trucks still at railheads, here is the best I can figure between what @Ford Motor Company and my dealer have told me.

1. Our builds were not actually completed when they left the factory, because of a specific chip not being available.
2. Trucks were slapped on trains and shipped to railheads, where they are now waiting for chips.
3. Chips will be installed by roving engineers when they're available. That could be anywhere from immediately to who the hell knows when.

Why did this happen?

First, I suspect there's an incentive to crank trucks down the line and "complete" as many of them as possible. Hence moving trucks from the factory to railheads.

Second, once they're out there, there isn't really a good incentive to get the chips into them. Since other Lightnings are being completed and delivered, we know the chips are out there, but my guess is the factory is getting "first dibs" on everything so we're just stuck in limbo with nobody to advocate for us.

Dealers see us as a pain and don't care enough to get mad at corporate because if we cancel the order they get a free $30k+ markup to sell. Corporate doesn't care because the factory is rolling so what's the problem.

If anyone @Ford Motor Company had a clue, they'd be rushing the chipsets missing from our trucks out the door before putting them in new builds. Instead, they're asleep at the switch. It's a crying shame and an embarrassment.

If I take delivery by year end, it's survivable despite the hit my trade-in values and interest rates will lay on me. But without the $7500 tax credit? I'll just flip it and wait patiently for when EV pickups are available from another company that doesn't treat me like trash.
No offense. I truly hope your wrong. If this is true then this is just a sad situation

SD_Climber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lighting Lariat ER
Resonating everyone's frustration, I'm pretty pissed at this point also. Original delivery date was mid Sept. Then it moved to late Sept./ 1st week of Oct. At this point it's over a month pass the original date. What is most frustrating and infuriating is that @Ford Motor Company has completely been silent to give any updated information. I've never had a Ford - only driven numerous Toyota trucks all my life and still have three. This was the chance I was taking to finally get a F-150 and this whole experience has been shit. I actually just ordered a Highlander Hybrid 2 week ago and according to the dealer it's already in route. I got my money on that the Highlander will get here before the lightning. If Ford would communicate with us it would at least help temper my frustrations but it's been nothing but radio silence. It's a $80K truck which is a lot of money and I don't feel like I'm being treated as a valued customer - a new customer to the brand. Ford sucks. - Rant over

Sdgolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zr2

Why did this happen?

That’s what I was thinking too until I saw that most trucks on bat and cars and bids were bringing msrp. Good luck flipping for a profit or even breaking even in high tax states like CA

anyone smarter than me know the long term implication of a battery sitting for 90d?

badger_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat / 2021 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Network Engineer
No offense. I truly hope your wrong. If this is true then this is just a sad situation
He’s almost certainly not wrong. They’ve put out thousands of trucks that are 100% since ours hit railheads. They just don’t care bc we can’t/won’t walk away and still be able to get our trucks. Not trying to flip it for any money, I just want to drive it, hence the first 5 min reservation that was apparently worthless

Sponsored

badger_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Engineer
That’s what I was thinking too until I saw that most trucks on bat and cars and bids were bringing msrp. Good luck flipping for a profit or even breaking even in high tax states like CA

anyone smarter than me know the long term implication of a battery sitting for 90d?
Sadly, if the battery was under 80%, EVs are pretty good about sitting. Bigger concerns would be the excessive weight on the tires, weathering, and possible vandalism. The one thing my salesman told me is that they usually get the trucks at 60% SOC, so that alleviated on headache. 4 weeks ago after my truck had already been sitting for a couple weeks.
Also, just wanted to let @Drayday55 know I wasn’t trying to be combative, just blunt honesty

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Sadly, if the battery was under 80%, EVs are pretty good about sitting. Bigger concerns would be the excessive weight on the tires, weathering, and possible vandalism. The one thing my salesman told me is that they usually get the trucks at 60% SOC, so that alleviated on headache. 4 weeks ago after my truck had already been sitting for a couple weeks.
Also, just wanted to let @Drayday55 know I wasn’t trying to be combative, just blunt honesty
Lol. I didn't think so either. Sorry. I need to learn the emoji edicate. All good brother. I'm pissed at the shipping $#/t show.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 Porsche Carrera VW GTI
Resonating everyone's frustration, I'm pretty pissed at this point also. Original delivery date was mid Sept. Then it moved to late Sept./ 1st week of Oct. At this point it's over a month pass the original date. What is most frustrating and infuriating is that @Ford Motor Company has completely been silent to give any updated information. I've never had a Ford - only driven numerous Toyota trucks all my life and still have three. This was the chance I was taking to finally get a F-150 and this whole experience has been shit. I actually just ordered a Highlander Hybrid 2 week ago and according to the dealer it's already in route. I got my money on that the Highlander will get here before the lightning. If Ford would communicate with us it would at least help temper my frustrations but it's been nothing but radio silence. It's a $80K truck which is a lot of money and I don't feel like I'm being treated as a valued customer - a new customer to the brand. Ford sucks. - Rant over
Exactly, I totally understand hiccups due to this being a new product for Ford, but communication has been around since the beginning of time, and Ford frankly sucks at it. I’m also new to the Ford brand, I’ll be damned if I’m going to be jumping at another of their products any time soon.

Lozza

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Ram 1500 Diesel, 22 Telsa P3D, 22 Jeep GCL
Can't quite believe it, the truck made it to the dealer today! Pending everything going as planned, I'm picking up in a few hours. Maybe hope for all of the people expecting in the Bay Area... We can maybe all wrap-up in the near future.

badger_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Engineer
Can't quite believe it, the truck made it to the dealer today! Pending everything going as planned, I'm picking up in a few hours. Maybe hope for all of the people expecting in the Bay Area... We can maybe all wrap-up in the near future.
It seems like CA had several get held up, enough to justify sending a tech out if @georgepearkes was correct (likely, I’d say). Sadly for me, there are apparently not enough sitting around in CO to justify a railhead visit :/
Sponsored