• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/28/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
I guess per the most recent email we received (or i did) the day after it was largely assembled, they are blaming it on "supply chain challenges continue to cause delays and uncertainty".

We'll all be made whole... eventually. We're by far not the first ones to have these issues or delays.

In TaxmanHog we trust, to bring us the most recent pertinent info...:D

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Flash
NO, but the beauty of coming off the line would be to roll directly onto a rail car and not be stuck in a holding lot for 4 months. Of course that requires they release the general hold on "BUILT" status' and the rail cars in the staging lane are headed in your direction.
Customers with earlier weeks will have ordered earlier. And then someone comes in with a recent order and then their truck is built and delivered ahead of the previous orders? This seems terribly unfair to earlier waves built weeks prior. Why should those customers wait the longest? It should be FIFO and not LIFO. More inept management of customer orders IMHO.

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
Customers with earlier weeks will have ordered earlier. And then someone comes in with a recent order and then their truck is built and delivered ahead of the previous orders? This seems terribly unfair to earlier waves built weeks prior. Why should those customers wait the longest? It should be FIFO and not LIFO. More inept management of customer orders IMHO.
They never said they'd be fair in the order documents. ... :)

I imagine as missing parts come in, they get integrated into the factory and direct into the new vehicles, which could go straight out to shipping... where MAYBE the older builds need disassembly, and attention to fix, repair etc. 10,000-15000 truck repairs, chips or whatever doesn't happen overnight.

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Added my info to form, build week is 9/11, dealership said build is 9/15, day after UAW contract expires lol.

Sponsored

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Flash
They never said they'd be fair in the order documents. ... :)

I imagine as missing parts come in, they get integrated into the factory and direct into the new vehicles, which could go straight out to shipping... where MAYBE the older builds need disassembly, and attention to fix, repair etc. 10,000-15000 truck repairs, chips or whatever doesn't happen overnight.
Except treating customers fairly is a basic business practice. Why should I, who has been waiting over 2 years for my truck, be kicked to the back of the line over someone who just placed an order 2 months ago? And I know there are people who've waited longer than me -- and they deserve their trucks ahead of me.

What reeks is SOMETHING is wrong with the trucks that have been built. Ford isn't being forthcoming with its customers. All we're asking Ford to do is communicate with its customers.

Your position is basically "Trust Ford to do the right thing". Trust is earned and in my opinion, Ford hasn't earned my trust yet.

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
Except treating customers fairly is a basic business practice. Why should I, who has been waiting over 2 years for my truck, be kicked to the back of the line over someone who just placed an order 2 months ago? And I know there are people who've waited longer than me -- and they deserve their trucks ahead of me.

What reeks is SOMETHING is wrong with the trucks that have been built. Ford isn't being forthcoming with its customers. All we're asking Ford to do is communicate with its customers.

Your position is basically "Trust Ford to do the right thing". Trust is earned and in my opinion, Ford hasn't earned my trust yet.
"Supply chain challenges causing delays and uncertainty."

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
When everything is due to supply chain shortages, then nothing is due to supply chain shortages.
Until you understand supply chains and/or logistics.

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
Until you understand supply chains and/or logistics.
There's a whole thread somwhere else on here or reddit, about supply chain and the Panma Canal bottlenecks right now also.

BTW... Lightning isn't the only truck affected. I believe I read ICE trucks haven't moved in weeks either, so that kind of quashes the factory expansion problem theory.

Sponsored

uccbcc

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Maverick Lariat
this site changed and not working for me now
I noticed if you are logged in to your acount dashboard/ford.com and try to access the motorcraft site - it might tell you you have no subscriptions. I had to log out of ford.com to see the modules.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/28/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1694560092541

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA Sportage PHEV/2022 Aprilia Tuareg
BCE Modules are populating on my 9-3-23 blend date VIN. No tear tag yet.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP

bretthicks2