• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 9/11/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Any of you who purchased a Lariat recently got a frunk cargo net with it? It's showing on the order guide but I didn't receive it with the truck.
Nope; I have a spare in a bin in my garage that I'll most likely use...if I can find it. :D

rthorderson

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT ER 312A SprayBed Red
Occupation
IT Director
Speaking of OTA updates...does anyone know if it is pretty obvious when those occur? A blurb on the screen or something?

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Speaking of OTA updates...does anyone know if it is pretty obvious when those occur? A blurb on the screen or something?
Pop-up on the screen and / or alerts in Fordpass.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

lerthe61

First Name
Dmytro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, VW
I start getting updates almost every day. My car sitting ~40 Miles away on a rail car. Have not seeing that with others. But at least it entertains me every morning.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 9/11/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot_20231103_114317_Chrome
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 9/11/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot_20231102_083205_Chrome
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 9/11/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot_20231102_023140_Chrome

Last edited by a moderator:

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I start getting updates almost every day. My car sitting ~40 Miles away on a rail car. Have not seeing that with others. But at least it entertains me every morning.

Screenshot_20231103_114317_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231102_083205_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231102_023140_Chrome.jpg
If it's any consolation, mine was over four weeks from "shipped" to "final preparation". Drove me crazy...

onekopaka

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'01 Grand Marquis, '23 Lariat ER
Today I got an email from my sales person, saying the truck was moving along in Montana!

I do wonder then if it is actually going to the BNSF auto yard in Renton, instead of UP in Kent, since any Montana route east to west is BNSF (former Great Northern) track...

Either way, it's very exciting, maybe Ford wasn't really that far off with the estimate of the 9th!

I hope others still waiting for their trucks are hearing similarly good news! :D

barikade88

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Software Developer
A little off-topic, but those of you who have received your Lightning and Charge Station Pro already: what's your experience with that charger so far? I purchased a ChargePoint Home Flex Hardwired and already had it installed back when I thought I was getting a SR Lightning (and thus no CSP). But I just received my CSP in the mail so now I'm wondering if I should swap that one in for the ChargePoint or just keep what I have and try to resell the CSP.

Sponsored

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
If you have the electrical capacity to run a 100 amp circuit, the FCSP (80 amp) will charge your battery faster than the one you have (48 amp). The one you have has better compatibility with other vehicles though. A 48-amp EVSE is adequate for overnight charging, but there are edge cases (such as coming is with low range left, and needed to make a quick turnaround) where you might regret not going with a higher capacity charger.

barikade88

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Software Developer
If you have the electrical capacity to run a 100 amp circuit, the FCSP (80 amp) will charge your battery faster than the one you have (48 amp). The one you have has better compatibility with other vehicles though. A 48-amp EVSE is adequate for overnight charging, but there are edge cases (such as coming is with low range left, and needed to make a quick turnaround) where you might regret not going with a higher capacity charger.
Thanks for the tips! We definitely don't have enough capacity for a 100A circuit, we actually already had to downgrade the one I have to 40A because even that maxed out our panel. We'll probably upgrade it at some point when we want to get a hot tub put in.

I've heard that fast charging is bad for the longevity of the battery, does that apply to the FCSP or is it still slow enough to not have a negative effect?

I'm probably just going to keep the one I have, I just don't see any world where I absolutely _need_ to charge that fast at home. The Intelligent Backup system is a nice option to have in conjunction with the FCSP, but just never worth the $4000 price tag + installation or whatever it works out to.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
"Fast Charging" in this context is referring to using DC chargers, like Electrify America. Anything you're doing at home is fine. Even fast charging is pretty fine considering all the cooling tech that goes on with these battery packs now, but overall, I'd stick to home charging whenever possible cause it's cheap.

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
Thanks for the tips! We definitely don't have enough capacity for a 100A circuit, we actually already had to downgrade the one I have to 40A because even that maxed out our panel. We'll probably upgrade it at some point when we want to get a hot tub put in.

I've heard that fast charging is bad for the longevity of the battery, does that apply to the FCSP or is it still slow enough to not have a negative effect?

I'm probably just going to keep the one I have, I just don't see any world where I absolutely _need_ to charge that fast at home. The Intelligent Backup system is a nice option to have in conjunction with the FCSP, but just never worth the $4000 price tag + installation or whatever it works out to.
What is considered bad charging behavior for a battery, though, is insisting that you get to 100%. Set your day-to-day sites on 80-90% charge unless you are going to need every drop (then push your overnight to 100%.) Your battery will last longer, so they say.

Stonetrap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 F150, 2012 Challenger
Called the Marketing Program number again, since it's been 3 weeks since the last time. They couldn't give me any new information, said it's still In Production and in Michigan.

Of course now the old Challenger throw out clutch bearing is going bad, would have sold her months ago if they'd just ship my dang truck.
Sponsored