• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

1st attempt with CSP, error is left side Red

OP
OP
CdnCGM23

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Military
I wanted to thank you all for replying and lending your advice. This is why forums are great IMO.

So to update, I had missed rewiring the brown wire back through the second ring, thus causing the ground fault error. Pictured is the correct way I should done in the first place. I even took a picture but I guess my old eyes failed me at the time.

Once again, thank you all!

Ford F-150 Lightning 1st attempt with CSP, error is left side Red 20230425_183710
Sponsored

James1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
banker
I wanted to thank you all for replying and lending your advice. This is why forums are great IMO.

So to update, I had missed rewiring the brown wire back through the second ring, thus causing the ground fault error. Pictured is the correct way I should done in the first place. I even took a picture but I guess my old eyes failed me at the time.

Once again, thank you all!
Why had you needed to disconnect the brown wire at all?

I am obviously dealing with a different issue. My FCSP operates fine for a period and then kicks off due to a ground fault error (pulsing red light). I am using the unit for charging only, I do not have a backup power system.

OP
OP
CdnCGM23

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Military
Why had you needed to disconnect the brown wire at all?

I am obviously dealing with a different issue. My FCSP operates fine for a period and then kicks off due to a ground fault error (pulsing red light). I am using the unit for charging only, I do not have a backup power system.
I installed the CSP in the basement where it'll stay cool and out of the elements. Ran the cable to the truck through the wall out to the driveway.

James1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
banker
Turns out my problem was the screws in the lugs (where the gauge 3 wires are connected ) were under-torqued, which causes excessive heat. The FCSP is designed to trip off with a ground fault when excessive heat in those lugs is detected...

OP
OP
CdnCGM23

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Military
Turns out my problem was the screws in the lugs (where the gauge 3 wires are connected ) were under-torqued, which causes excessive heat. The FCSP is designed to trip off with a ground fault when excessive heat in those lugs is detected...
Glad you figured it out James1

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
How long was your FCSP in service when you discovered the under torqued fasteners?

Brings to mind the need to do an annual (or sooner) inspection to make sure they remain in spec.

James1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
banker
How long was your FCSP in service when you discovered the under torqued fasteners?

Brings to mind the need to do an annual (or sooner) inspection to make sure they remain in spec.

My FCSP was in service for several weeks but would not overheat unless it was running for at least an hour an a half at full 80 amp capacity. The specified torque (60 inch-pounds) is not much for a wrench but it's a lot for a screwdriver -- that is, those lug screws need to be tight!

I cured the problem using this small torque screwdriver:
https://www.abolox.com/cdi-torque-t...JdGHRkwTOlQ9XOg9PxqvUyKDEQ5YY2oRoCMNgQAvD_BwE

Although the tool is inexpensive, CDI Torque is owned by Snap-On, so it seems to be very high quality. My lug screws are now sufficiently tight that I hope an annual inspection is not required...
Sponsored