• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

1st time using A2Z Typhoon NACS to CCS1 at Tesla Supercharger

Richie740

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Seeing how it doesn't appear that Ford will be shipping out their free adapter any time soon I bit the bullet and purchased the A2Z Typhoon adapter.

I tested it out this morning just because I've had it in hand a few weeks but hadn't attempted to charge.

Worked perfectly with no issues!

Ford F-150 Lightning 1st time using A2Z Typhoon NACS to CCS1 at Tesla Supercharger Screenshot_20240805_105406_FordPass

Ford F-150 Lightning 1st time using A2Z Typhoon NACS to CCS1 at Tesla Supercharger Screenshot_20240805_105231_Tesla

Ford F-150 Lightning 1st time using A2Z Typhoon NACS to CCS1 at Tesla Supercharger 20240805_093421
Sponsored

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
If only all the supercharger units were oriented parallel to the space, like your photo. I have only used the ones that are perpendicular at the end of the space, and you have to take up the next charger space to the right and pull ridiculously forward to make the cable reach the port. I've had a couple of quizzical looks from Tesla drivers, but everyone has been understanding. I'm thinking of getting a small orange cone to block the spot on front of the charger I'm using, just so a Tesla driver doesn't zip in to that spot thinking they can charge, only to realize that I'm using it...

OP
OP
Richie740

Richie740

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
If only all the supercharger units were oriented parallel to the space, like your photo. I have only used the ones that are perpendicular at the end of the space, and you have to take up the next charger space to the right and pull ridiculously forward to make the cable reach the port. I've had a couple of quizzical looks from Tesla drivers, but everyone has been understanding. I'm thinking of getting a small orange cone to block the spot on front of the charger I'm using, just so a Tesla driver doesn't zip in to that spot thinking they can charge, only to realize that I'm using it...
Yeah they just installed that site across from my office a couple month ago. Not all the chargers in that lot are aligned in that fashion but maybe Tesla is starting to take other EV's into account when designing their charging destinations. BTW, this is literally 1 mile from the Tesla plant in Fremont, CA.
Sponsored