• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 Ford F150 King Ranch (Tow Mirrors)

Onn2dwill

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 King Ranch
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. I ordered a 2022 King Ranch in August of 2021. It just arrived yesterday. Unfortunately I ordered it with regular mirrors and it showed up with tow trailer mirrors. As you can imagine I'm pretty bummed. I don't want to have them take it back as I don't want to wait another 9 months for a truck. The person that sold it to me (fleet manager) said they would do everything in their power to make it right. He said he believes that the bolt pattern would probably be the same but wasn't sure about the wiring harness and won't know until next week when he can talk to their service department. Does anyone have any insight on this? If the regular stock mirrors that I want have all the same features wouldn't it just be a matter of exchanging the mirrors out? Any help from the forum would be greatly appreciated.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 Ford F150 King Ranch (Tow Mirrors) user_online
Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 Ford F150 King Ranch (Tow Mirrors) report
Sponsored

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster
My understanding is that it can be done but the dealer will have a little work to swap this out and calibrate everything.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I didn't look your standard/options load out, but do you have 360/BLIS cameras? Power fold or power telescoping? All these things might change up the replacement options/products/harness.

Whoskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Honestly the stock mirrors are terrible. I swapped them for tow mirrors, but to each it’s own. They are a direct swap with harnesses, but you will need the dealership to calibrate 360 cams

Steyreo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Lariat SuperCrew PowerBoost Fx4
You can swap them. There are a lot of threads on this forum about this. You probably have the mirrors I will swap to from our Lariat.

Sponsored

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I suspect you could get quite a few takers who would gladly trade you your tow mirrors for their standard mirrors. I drove both before buying and there is no comparison on the visibility difference and ease of backing up and parking. I will never buy another truck without large mirrors.

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
I suspect you could get quite a few takers who would gladly trade you your tow mirrors for their standard mirrors. I drove both before buying and there is no comparison on the visibility difference and ease of backing up and parking. I will never buy another truck without large mirrors.
It's certainly a matter of personal preference. I completely agree with @GolfR and would never buy another truck without tow mirrors. I've owned trucks with each and there really is no comparison. With the tow mirrors adjusted correctly, I had perfect visability to include blind spots.

After driving your truck a while, you may find you like them. If not, you'll find the tow mirrors have value. Don't let the dealer keep them - I think they cost $750 with manual fold & telescope and $1655 with power fold & telescope through Ford Accessories!

Last edited:

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2019 Expedition
Try the tow mirrors for a bit first, you may like them. I had tow mirrors on my 2012 and was planning to go without when I first was looking for a used 18-20 as the standard mirrors on those were a pretty decent size. But then with the market the way it is, I decided to order a 21 and drove one first that had the standard mirrors. They are terrible in my opinion. They are not much larger than what is on our 19 Expedition.
Sponsored