Sponsored

69kWh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Tesla base autopilot that is included is the same as the active cruise with lane centering, Ford call it co-pilot assist. It is optional on XLT. Tesla advanced autopilot is close to blue cruise in it's functionality and is a $6000 option on current vehicles. Tesla doesn't have hands free for advanced autopilot. Tesla 'full self driving' is a $15k option.
Technically you are correct. Co-pilot assist on paper is equivalent to Tesla Basic Autopilot. In practice, a lot of the lane centering assist systems aren't aggressive enough about keeping you centered and will disengage without warning on curvy roads. I haven't tested the Ford lane centering system myself so I can't say for sure if it's the same way, but this was my experience with Honda, Toyota and Hyundai.
Sponsored

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
If you can find a Lightning Pro, or if Ford is even building them and you are low income, here in California you can have one for a bit over $22k

$49995- $5k EV Grant-$15K CVRP - $7500 Fed Tax

Let the dealer games continue.......
The link said all 2023 Pro's are sold out. Maybe a dealership is sitting on one though...

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I agree the plant expansion not being the reason for the reduction but maybe the LFP batteries in standard range models are helping a little in the price drop overall. I got my 23' XLT in January and the price drop of 5k from what I paid is good for future buyers but man that hurts my wallet.... I could only imagine how the people who paid 63k in the last couple months feel. Also we have yet to see any GM production roll out in any decent numbers so until we do I don't think Ford is dropping it for that reason.
The 20% who went through with their reservations despite the price increase are out of luck, but they must have been able to afford it, and they got to be one of the first few to own a Lightning.

In 2011 I paid $32k for my 2012 Leaf with a 24kwh battery and a realistically 80 mile range but I could afford it and I don't regret it, still runs well, no problems.

If I was one of the many Lightning owners who have had serious problems with their vehicle, I would be really tick-off though.

Seeing all the issues that people have had with them makes be very hesitant to jump on this price reduction.

The problem is: yes, the price is better, but does the vehicle still have all the issues I have read about here and on other forums?

Sponsored

MannyG20

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Bronco, ‘11 F-150
Another reason I am glad I canceled after the price increases. Of course will Ford let me back in line now?? 🤣

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
might be premature in my case: this is what I just got from Granger:

"Unfortunately, since you do have a VIN, no changes can be made. In regards to the price reduction, we will not be able to apply anything until we your Lightning arrives on our lot. I have not honestly heard anything from Ford regarding that".
You can always back out or threaten to if they won't honor the lower price, unless you put up a sizeable deposit, nothing lost by doing that.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford obviously has a big marketing department for the spin they've put on their price reductions. It is competition and lack of sales driving them down, but doen't truly matter, at least they've reacted.

Now for the glaring issues - why haven't they dropped that destination charge to the bottom below Total MSRP so they match the government definitions and it truly becomes clear this truck is eligible for the rebate. Seeing the price like this makes many people wonder and scratch their head.
Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate. The bottom line is all negotiable. If you don't buy they will be stuck with a vehicle on their lot.

So split the difference on the destination charge if they won't wave all of it.

Get up to leave if they stone wall you, that usually works.

Right now it is a buyers market - they killed the demand with the price increases.

Sponsored

GeoffUhl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I am so pissed off at Ford. Enough to never purchase a Ford ever again. I’ve had a Lightning lariat less than 60 days and now stuck with a devalued truck and no way to get to their financing terms at 1.9% which weren’t available when I purchased. I feel completely raked over the coals. They are punishing the earlier adopters who could be advocates. Now we are all just pissed off. We all got this truck off the ground and are getting killed. Not even a price change at model year changeover. Unbelievable. Ford better create a rebate program for recent purchases, or perhaps we get together for a class action lawsuit.

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
Some states may have rules that would allow you to back out - a so-called 'cooling off period."
If yours does, go for it and demand the lower price!
Not Arizona unfortunately.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just did a test build on FORD.COM, specifications for 2023 Lariat-ER with Max Tow & AS tires, (MUST SELECT AS TIRES MASS RESIDENTS) included folding boards, still meets the federal Credit requirements and also the Mass MOR-EV truck credit!!!

1689599963034.png
So close - I bet you could get your dealer to drop the price $200 so you qualify for the Fed tax credit - if they are reasonable they'd do it.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Some states may have rules that would allow you to back out - a so-called 'cooling off period."
If yours does, go for it and demand the lower price!
For most states that have these rules, the period is 3 business days. If I was within the 3 days, I'd definitely be going this route.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am so pissed off at Ford. Enough to never purchase a Ford ever again. I’ve had a Lightning lariat less than 60 days and now stuck with a devalued truck and no way to get to their financing terms at 1.9% which weren’t available when I purchased. I feel completely raked over the coals. They are punishing the earlier adopters who could be advocates. Now we are all just pissed off. We all got this truck off the ground and are getting killed. Not even a price change at model year changeover. Unbelievable. Ford better create a rebate program for recent purchases, or perhaps we get together for a class action lawsuit.
Indeed!
I smell a class action law suit brewing. With all the issues owners have been reporting, maybe there is a lemon law way out?
They screwed the 20% who went through with their reservations.
But if owners are happy with their vehicles, hey, it's only money, right? (sarcasm)
Sponsored