• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2024 FORD LARAIT FORD PASS ISSUE CANNOT SET CHARGE LOCATION TIME ECT

jamelski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat
@Ford Motor Company. This is horrible that I cannot set a charge time or charge target and yes I have talk to ford pass help, which did troubling shooting and after 30 mins, “they need to ask the engineering team. Which says “ it’s a known issue and we are working on it.” Wow just wow. Not only did I have to trouble shoot for 30 mins for a known issue with no fix. Why did the tech not know of the issue ? Worse tech team ever. Issue after issue with your software. It’s sad. I still love the truck but it’s embarrassing that I have to either not plug my car in, or pull it once I get the charge I want( I have no life and just stared at my ford app to make sure I don’t go over my %) 🙄 or I have set my charger to only charge for at a set time to get the % I want by thinking and using math. 😡HELP. Unsat FORD you should be ashamed.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2024 FORD LARAIT FORD PASS ISSUE CANNOT SET CHARGE LOCATION TIME ECT IMG_0334
Ford F-150 Lightning 2024 FORD LARAIT FORD PASS ISSUE CANNOT SET CHARGE LOCATION TIME ECT IMG_0335
Ford F-150 Lightning 2024 FORD LARAIT FORD PASS ISSUE CANNOT SET CHARGE LOCATION TIME ECT IMG_0336
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Try setting up the initial charging scheme in the truck via the Sync screen.

We had issues on the older generation of Ford pass with creating a location strictly with Fordpass, obviously that issue persists in your experience.

MeanGeneO

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Took a few charges at my house for it to finally recognize and let me set up preferences. Did you press the add option on the top right corner of the target charge screen? From there you can press location and add a spot you previously charged at.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2024 FORD LARAIT FORD PASS ISSUE CANNOT SET CHARGE LOCATION TIME ECT IMG_2252

OP
OP

jamelski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat
Try setting up the initial charging scheme in the truck via the Sync screen.

We had issues on the older generation of Ford pass with creating a location strictly with Fordpass, obviously that issue persists in your experience.
Does not work Via truck sync or ford pass. 😔 that was part of the trouble shooting I did with ford for 30 mins to be told it’s a known issue 🗑

OP
OP

jamelski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat
Took a few charges at my house for it to finally recognize and let me set up preferences. Did you press the add option on the top right corner of the target charge screen? From there you can press location and add a spot you previously charged at.

IMG_2252.png
My ford pass do not have the option to add. I have a 2021 mach e and know how to add a location. The truck does not allow it Ford can’t do over the air updates with out bricking cars and now their new 2024 lightings have issues with something as simple as setting a charge %. 3 year old platform and still can’t do simple stuff. Don’t get me wrong. I love the truck. But the Ford engineers have to be the bottom of the barrel people that are working on all the software on these electric cars.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
But the Ford engineers have to be the bottom of the barrel people that are working on all the software on these electric cars.
I read a news article, that GM is paring down it's tech center, laying off a bunch of developers, maybe Ford can hire them in to get this mess cleaned-up.

OP
OP

jamelski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat
@Ford Motor Company loves to like and comment on people’s pictures of trucks but they know their software is bunch of boo-boo and does not respond to issues that a multi million dollar company should not have. They’ll probably respond eventually and say oh do a software reset download the app again guess what? None of that works, or say wait for the new FordPass software update. Guess what one just came out today and the problem still exists. What a joke.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
If you disabled Share Driving Data in the truck's connectivity screen, Ford punishes you by hiding that charging data from the FordPass application. Yes, we know charging data has nothing to do with driving data. And in fact the truck is still sharing your charging data with Ford and anything else using the API. The FordPass application hides it from you because Ford wants to punish you and coerce you into sharing your driving data.

OP
OP

jamelski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat
If you disabled Share Driving Data in the truck's connectivity screen, Ford punishes you by hiding that charging data from the FordPass application. Yes, we know charging data has nothing to do with driving data. And in fact the truck is still sharing your charging data with Ford and anything else using the API. The FordPass application hides it from you because Ford wants to punish you and coerce you into sharing your driving data.
All that stuff is properly on. Everything that is supposed to be on is on troubleshooting has been done. It’s just a known issue that Ford is working on, but it shouldn’t be an issue. It’s not an over the update that broke it. It from dealer brand new. It’s a truck Ford has already had for a few years but now it magically breaks at year three and you can’t set a charge target🗑 embarrassing

MrWest

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning lariat
Tell me about it. My '23 Lightning has been down for over a month now because they can't reprogram a new powertrain module they put in under warranty (no idea as to when they will be able to either). I'm jealous of ya'll with Lightnings that work and I miss my truck.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jamelski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat
Tell me about it. My '23 Lightning has been down for over a month now because they can't reprogram a new powertrain module they put in under warranty (no idea as to when they will be able to either). I'm jealous of ya'll with Lightnings that work and I miss my truck.
Sad so sorry to hear that.

OP
OP

jamelski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat
Big 3 are hiring all the turds Tesla and Apple fire 😂

OP
OP

jamelski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat
I love how @Ford Motor Company never responded to the know issue I have but responded to others issues. Maybe it was Ford has the fix but you have to go to dealer with the new CSP
Powertrain control module software update
Campaign# 24B48 which fixes the known issue of not setting charge location but have to go to dealer for the fix. I wonder what it’s not an OTA never mind we know why. 🧱 time when they send them out 😂
Dealer claims they can’t send mobile tech for this repair. 🗑

They whole point of the mobile repairs was for software updates so you don’t have to go to dealer 🤬
Sponsored