'23 Pro - Upper Glove Box Door?

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally ordered
Point me to the current F150 with a dial shifter and I'll agree with you. Current F150's have either a colum or console shifter. Ford was never going to engineer something unique for a limited run vehicle.
Point taken, but since the shifter has no mechanical connection, it shouldn't be a big deal.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Point taken, but since the shifter has no mechanical connection, it shouldn't be a big deal.
I agree. In my perfect world they would have used the center console from the Expedition and called it a day.

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Every video, picture, review, interior tour I've seen of the Lightning Pro has shown a door that covers the upper glove box area. My '23 Pro, purchased last month is open. No door at all. Anyone else have this? I'm wondering if this was removed or if mine is missing something.
23 don’t have it. I purchase used and installed it myself

Rockyl32

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 lightning pro
Occupation
Pilot
How far did you have to disassemble the dash to do that? I was thinking of doing the same

Sponsored

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro w/ Tow Tech Package
I was also annoyed when mine didn't have the cover. I mean, I know it is the base model, but really??

I'm also anti-shifter. It takes up space that could be used for any number of more useful things. And speaking of cheaping out - it seems like it would have been better to get rid of the unnecessarily fancy folding shifter and go with a column stick shifter and give me the upper glove box cover!

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Point me to the current F150 with a dial shifter and I'll agree with you. Current F150's have either a colum or console shifter. Ford was never going to engineer something unique for a limited run vehicle.
I would love the rotary shifter. The Expedition has had the rotary shifter for quite a while and we all know theres a lot shared between Expedition and F150 so it wouldn't be challenge to add it to the F150. They easily added the 15" vertical screen from the Mach-e / Lightning to the Expedition.

Ford F-150 Lightning '23 Pro - Upper Glove Box Door? 1692134057415
Sponsored