$79,999 Cybertruck Now Available to Order

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
The suddenness took me off guard. Anyway, my issue now is that according to some folks over in Tesla chat land, it's not eligible for the tax credit. If the tax credit applied, I'm pretty sure I'd be buying one as I expect an invite in the near future. However, $80k for the CT when I can get 100 miles more range and a more spacious interior in an RST for $5k more complicates the decision.

I was starting to seriously consider the RST. Found some for $85k, but still steep for me. Turns out I'm having a harder time going back to ICE than I thought.

One thing is for sure, we're about to see some steep discounts on the Lightning now. Newer tech, better efficiency in the CT for $80k, with GM taking over on range, distance, towing. I don't know when T3 is coming out, but Ford's going to lose market share during that gap.
Sponsored

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
The suddenness took me off guard. Anyway, my issue now is that according to some folks over in Tesla chat land, it's not eligible for the tax credit. If the tax credit applied, I'm pretty sure I'd be buying one as I expect an invite in the near future. However, $80k for the CT when I can get 100 miles more range and a more spacious interior in an RST for $5k more complicates the decision.

I was starting to seriously consider the RST. Found some for $85k, but still steep for me. Turns out I'm having a harder time going back to ICE than I thought.

One thing is for sure, we're about to see some steep discounts on the Lightning now. Newer tech, better efficiency in the CT for $80k, with GM taking over on range, distance, towing. I don't know when T3 is coming out, but Ford's going to lose market share during that gap.
Its pretty much a 3 year old model, thatā€™s not surprising.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Got my foundation invite when it first came out over the winter. No way I was spending $100k on an incomplete truck that was I think $60k when I bought the reservation 4yrs ago.

That was my decision point. I had the Tesla Model 3 for 5yrs and I was dying to get back into a truck. Was waiting to see what happened with the Cybertruck. Said nope, that's it, done waiting for the CT to be what was promised years ago. Bought the lightning instead for $70k-ish in January.

Just got the email today for the $79,999 Cybertruck like many others. It appears the $7500 tax credit is not available for the CT for reasons I cannot find a straight answer on. Still feature incomplete. Still gonna pass.

I love Tesla. I love Elon. But this has not been their best performance.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Got my foundation invite when it first came out over the winter. No way I was spending $100k on an incomplete truck that was I think $60k when I bought the reservation 4yrs ago.

That was my decision point. I had the Tesla Model 3 for 5yrs and I was dying to get back into a truck. Was waiting to see what happened with the Cybertruck. Said nope, that's it, done waiting for the CT to be what was promised years ago. Bought the lightning instead for $70k-ish in January.

Just got the email today for the $79,999 Cybertruck like many others. It appears the $7500 tax credit is not available for the CT for reasons I cannot find a straight answer on. Still feature incomplete. Still gonna pass.

I love Tesla. I love Elon. But this has not been their best performance.
Apparently some of the battery components are Chinese which make it unqualified. At least thatā€™s the rumor.

Sponsored

ZheWiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat ER. Less Tech than CT šŸ˜˜
Occupation
Database developer
I did it. Canceled. Keeping the Lightning. TBH, I donā€™t even think Iā€˜d swap straight up anymore.

Ford F-150 Lightning $79,999 Cybertruck Now Available to Order IMG_3131

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician

RyZac

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ER Lariat w/Max Tow
I'll leave my reservation open for now. Maybe when I get a. Hence to sit in and test drive and tweak the CT, maybe.
Enjoying the Lightning and Model Y in the meantime.
I will say the CT looks ALOT better wrapped. That's another expense to factor in..

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
I was very excited about an "electric f150" that Musk talked about around 2012-13 . he said it would take until around 2015 to be released.... When he announced the Cybertruck in 2019 I ordered one instantly even though I thought it was ugly , the touted capabilities , price and range sold me. I was below 1500 in line. What was released was totally different from what was promised and the ACTUAL electric f150 that I have now is the best vehicle I've owned (for my use case). I just applied for my $100 Cybertruck deposit back.
Sponsored