Sponsored

Adjustable Frunk? This is awesome-confirm?

julian

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning lariat ext range
That Frunk has limiter apparently. Does anyone know if you can limit the opening- For sure? It says here, but just want to confirm. If so, that is super, super cool. Nothing like having to pad your ceiling in your garage....
Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I would assume that is true. My wife's Explorer has that feature on her rear hatch.

OP
OP
julian

julian

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think this would be a first for a frunk! I have about 2 inches of clearance for the truck itself.

Greased Lightning! ⚡️

First Name
Mex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, 2019 Land Rover Discovery HSE
Occupation
El Jefe
Makes sense. This is a common feature on SUV trunks, including the Mach E. I also use it not to hit top storage in my garage but it’s more of an accessibility feature for people with limited reach.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Makes sense. This is a common feature on SUV trunks, including the Mach E. I also use it not to hit top storage in my garage but it’s more of an accessibility feature for people with limited reach.
Absolutely right. If they have it on our Mach-E, then they would definitely do likewise with the Lightning Frunk.

I could never fit something as large as an F-150 into my garage anyway, but for those with a big garage, that limiter is essential.

Although the height limiter on the Mach-E is definitely useful for people who have a hard time reaching the button, I don't think they need to worry about reaching the button with the Frunk. The lid is much lower.

In addition to the button, I'm guessing you can open and close it multiple ways, including the remote, the App, using your foot, or from inside of the truck.

Sponsored

Greased Lightning! ⚡️

First Name
Mex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
El Jefe
Absolutely right. If they have it on our Mach-E, then they would definitely do likewise with the Lightning Frunk.

I could never fit something as large as an F-150 into my garage anyway, but for those with a big garage, that limiter is essential.

Although the height limiter on the Mach-E is definitely useful for people who have a hard time reaching the button, I don't think they need to worry about reaching the button with the Frunk. The lid is much lower.

In addition to the button, I'm guessing you can open and close it multiple ways, including the remote, the App, using your foot, or from inside of the truck.
hmmm I didn’t think about the foot access. That would be great. Sadly they removed it from the Mach E due to the chip shortage, my MY21 has it though. Works great.

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
IIRC, you can open it from KeyFob/Phone, button in cab, button outside, infotainment screen in cab, but not with your foot.

If you can open it with the Fordpass app, I should be able to program mine to open via Apple with a "Hey Siri, open the frunk" using Home Assistant.

OP
OP
julian

julian

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hmmm I didn’t think about the foot access. That would be great. Sadly they removed it from the Mach E due to the chip shortage, my MY21 has it though. Works great.
Oh, that's a bummer! That WOULD be cool on the truck.

Greased Lightning! ⚡️

First Name
Mex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
El Jefe
Oh, that's a bummer! That WOULD be cool on the truck.
I know, booo. Someone carrying bags of concrete need this feature as much as people carrying groceries.

OP
OP
julian

julian

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I know, booo. Someone carrying bags of concrete need this feature as much as people carrying groceries.
I was going to say this. The number of times I have an armload of 2x4s and would love the tailgate to be open... For sure! All tailgates and frunks should have that. Nothing like trying to re-pickup 8 2x4s!

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Agreed that it would be great if Ford provided it. Maybe in 2023 and later? Where’s that suggestion box? Or maybe the foot switch is available aftermarket?
Edit: $ 40 and up for the sensor on eBay. Will it work with your vehicle? Who knows.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Interesting point, I'm parking in the tight confines of my garage which has staircase just above where the frunk will be, I hope to NEVER accidently trigger the opener while parked in that spot!!!!

I think I need to add some safety bumpers maybe pool-noodles or foam on the contact point under the stringers!!!!!

OP
OP
julian

julian

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Interesting point, I'm parking in the tight confines of my garage which has staircase just above where the frunk will be, I hope to NEVER accidently trigger the opener while parked in that spot!!!!

I think I need to add some safety bumpers maybe pool-noodles or foam on the contact point under the stringers!!!!!
2004 Wide Glide, waiting for Live Wire to be like 25,000 cheaper. Ha. Anyway, I used cotton/bluejean insulation. If you haven't used it, you'll never go back to fiberglass. I used it to pad my garage door. It works well. My Model S trunk isn't limited, but this solved the problem. I get a gentle tap on the insulation and it doesn't leave a mark.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
2004 Wide Glide, waiting for Live Wire to be like 25,000 cheaper. Ha. Anyway, I used cotton/bluejean insulation. If you haven't used it, you'll never go back to fiberglass. I used it to pad my garage door. It works well. My Model S trunk isn't limited, but this solved the problem. I get a gentle tap on the insulation and it doesn't leave a mark.
Can you please provide a picture of what you are talking about?