• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What is this secret door?

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Isn’t one of those little cubbies for when you have to reprogram the key? I helped a coworker on an older F150 when he suddenly couldnt turn on his truck. We had to look all over for the hidden spot, but you basically put the key in there, follow a few steps, and it matches the key to the truck.
If you have two working keyfobs, you can program a third with a dance sequence. I don't think you can program a key using this port without two working keys without taking it to a dealer.

Marcelo Zanetti

First Name
Marcelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150; Ford F-150 Lightning; Ford Explorer;
Occupation
Electrician
No, see post #10.
Why go to all this trouble if you can program your phone-as-key (PAK) and create a passcode for when the key is not detected in the vehicle?
I've done that and used it a couple of times...

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Why go to all this trouble if you can program your phone-as-key (PAK) and create a passcode for when the key is not detected in the vehicle?
Trouble? Not following.

You go to use PaaK and it doesn't work. Try to use passcode, and no keyboard appears. You try your fob, but the battery died. So... you put the fob here and it works.

Or, you buy a 3rd fob to program and store, so if one is lost you don't have to pay the dealer to do it. Need it for that.

Sponsored

Marcelo Zanetti

First Name
Marcelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Trouble? Not following.

You go to use PaaK and it doesn't work. Try to use passcode, and no keyboard appears. You try your fob, but the battery died. So... you put the fob here and it works.

Or, you buy a 3rd fob to program and store, so if one is lost you don't have to pay the dealer to do it. Need it for that.
Oh, okay... I see your point now.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Further PAAK is only for Lariats and Platinums. Different dashboard form the XLT and Pro, but same center console.

Marcelo Zanetti

First Name
Marcelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Further PAAK is only for Lariats and Platinums. Different dashboard form the XLT and Pro, but same center console.
I see! But if I understood correctly, the receptacle under the cup mat will make the truck work with a dead fob key, right?

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I see! But if I understood correctly, the receptacle under the cup mat will make the truck work with a dead fob key, right?
It's supposed to, yes, can't confirm, I've yet to need to test that :)
Sponsored