• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Air conditioning runs seemingly randomly

Comarley

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER
My air conditioner seems to turn on randomly. The “A/C” light doesn’t turn on, but the air is definitely AC-temperature. I do not have my system set to “auto“. It’s 70° outside and I have it set to 78°. It could happen when I first start up or several minutes into a trip. Just now, it was on, then turned off for a couple minutes, and is now back on. Does anyone know how to make this stop?
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
If you have air directed to the windshield, the AC will definitely run.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Given the settings and temp outside, I'll assume you're manually switching off E-Heat.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Try auto mode?

If it's 70 outside what is the cabin temp? If it's 79 and you have it set for 78 then it will probably run the fans if not the compressor.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Try auto mode?

If it's 70 outside what is the cabin temp? If it's 79 and you have it set for 78 then it will probably run the fans if not the compressor.
You cannot prevent the AC compressor from running when you’re in “Auto” mode. It will kick on at some point.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Comarley

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER
Given the settings and temp outside, I'll assume you're manually switching off E-Heat.
The heat hasn’t been coming on. Although, in the few months that I’ve owned it, the heat has come on a few times unexpectedly (not recently), even though I do not have it set to “auto.“ (that was a different thread I never got around to posting.)
Unless wife & kids are with me (less than once a week), I never leave my EVs on “auto” because I’m used to the 2013 Leaf where I have to think hard before I sacrifice miles for comfort. (Then there’s the dreaded “you made it too cold so you bumped it up a couple degrees which made the heat kick on” problem with “auto”)

OP
OP

Comarley

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER
Try auto mode?

I don’t know the cabin temp, but it happens first thing in the morning (in addition to other times), so the cabin temp should be roughly the outside temp when I leave. Shouldn’t auto mode being off prevent both AC and heat from turning on?

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Just had a look in the owners manual, it reads:

SWITCHING AIR
CONDITIONING ON AND OFF
Press the button.
Note: Under certain conditions, the air
conditioning compressor could continue to
operate after you switch air conditioning off.
Note: To keep the system and its
components fully functional, switch air
conditioning on and let your vehicle idle at
least once per month for a minimum of two
minute

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My air conditioner seems to turn on randomly. The “A/C” light doesn’t turn on, but the air is definitely AC-temperature. I do not have my system set to “auto“. It’s 70° outside and I have it set to 78°. It could happen when I first start up or several minutes into a trip. Just now, it was on, then turned off for a couple minutes, and is now back on. Does anyone know how to make this stop?
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  
Sponsored