• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Android text message chime too loud

OP
OP
PV2EV

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
I tried that first and it did not work. Maybe it is timing as the chime is quick. Will try again.
Sponsored

LifeAsDane

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning SR Lariat | 13' F150 EB Lariat
Occupation
Real Estate
I tried that first and it did not work. Maybe it is timing as the chime is quick. Will try again.
Need to know what if anything ever worked. Its driving my passengers and I crazy. My chime is also disabled in android auto menu and I still get an obnoxious notification chime.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Occupation
Retired Hvy Construction
If you catch when the message or chime is underway, turn the volume down. On my Pro I triggered a warning (I don't remember which) with my fingers on the volume knob.

OP
OP
PV2EV

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did catch it, but it does not seem to stick... Annoyed the hell out of me on a long drive this weekend.

OP
OP
PV2EV

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did catch it, but it does not seem to stick... Annoyed the hell out of me on a long drive this weekend.
I figured out why the Volume selection does not stick: The selected message Chime Volume is also the volume for Phone Command Responses when responding to voice input, like Hey Google or pressing the Assistant button on Android Auto.

This is STUPID!

@Ford Motor Company (or Google?) Can you please respect my phone settings wrt text message notifications? Specifically, A. When I have "Text Message Notification" turned OFF on my Android phone, please don't chime in the truck when I get a text message and am connected via Android Auto, and B. Barring that fix, please don't chime when I get a spam text message that the phone ignores.
Sponsored