First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, Premium RWD
Occupation
Retired
This latest version of the app does not seem to be updating on it's own. I have it unrestricted in battery settings and set to refresh every 10 minutes, but it has missed several of my driving sessions since I downloaded this version. Currently it shows the last update as just after midnight when triple clicking for refresh info.
A few people have reported this is still happening, and what I see in the logs is inconclusive. I need to add some extra calls to log more information. However I'll be going off-line for a few days starting tomorrow so I'm reluctant to push out a new version until I'm around again.
Sponsored

SouthernGuy

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat Powerboost, 7.2K PPoB
Occupation
Retired
I find the Ford Pass is not accurate where the widget is right on.
In my case, its the widget that shows the wrong location. Ford Pass is right on the money, for mine.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
@kennelh I got my truck and it's the hybrid. If you need any logs hit me up. I'll produce any longs you need.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Version 2022.03.21 just uploaded. The only major addition is support for remote stop. I added additional back-end code to monitor whether commands succeed or fail. Some of you may notice is that, unlike the FordPass app, you can no longer extend the remote start time by pressing the ignition icon, as that now performs the remote stop.

There's a lot of other background changes which hopefully will continue to improve the reliability of auto-refreshing, plus changes to implement more useful logging information (for me).

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Super Cab Carbonized Grey 3.5 EC 302A 6.5 Box
Occupation
Electrician, Retired
Version 2022.03.21 just uploaded. The only major addition is support for remote stop. I added additional back-end code to monitor whether commands succeed or fail. Some of you may notice is that, unlike the FordPass app, you can no longer extend the remote start time by pressing the ignition icon, as that now performs the remote stop.

There's a lot of other background changes which hopefully will continue to improve the reliability of auto-refreshing, plus changes to implement more useful logging information (for me).
I want to thank you again for your time an effort.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Version 2022.03.31 just uploaded. The main addition is for handling app updates. There is now an Update activity which will display the changelog contents (so you can see what's new) and give you the option to update, which then downloads the new APK and hands it to the package installer. Updates are checked for every hour.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302A 157 PB
I knew you would eventually :ROFLMAO:
I will say it was pretty easy. I was expecting to have to root or connect the phone to the laptop. Nope, just click on the link posted by Kennelh above and it just worked. Pretty painless. I think I spent more time adjusting settings than the install process.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Super Cab Carbonized Grey 3.5 EC 302A 6.5 Box
Occupation
Electrician, Retired
ok, I feel like I took the red pill. I'm in and have sideloaded my first app ever.

giphy.gif

1648807890802.png
Just a thought - but tire pressure seems high. I have LT 265/70/18's and door sticker says 41 PSI. @Kenneth makes it so easy to install.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
If anyone has reserved a Lightning and has a VIN, I'm curious what happens when you enter it into the app. I put some support in for the Lightning, but I'd like to know if it works (i.e., does it show you battery and charge port info like for the Mach-E).

• Love
Reactions: GDN

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Curious if you think it would work for an Explorer. My wife just got one and it has all the same data in FordPass. My hope was the when I get some time I was going to branch your code and look into it.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Curious if you think it would work for an Explorer. My wife just got one and it has all the same data in FordPass. My hope was the when I get some time I was going to branch your code and look into it.
If the JSON is pretty much identical it probably should. What are the first 8 digits of her VIN?
Sponsored