• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone experience Fob issues?

medmondson

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT
I’ve had my Lightning for approx 2 months. Drove the family to a movie this afternoon, and when we came out after I couldn’t unlock the doors with the fob. Opened with code, powered up and then everything worked fine, but for two minutes it was quite concerning.

Known issue? Weird anomaly I should ignore?
Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I’ve had my Lightning for approx 2 months. Drove the family to a movie this afternoon, and when we came out after I couldn’t unlock the doors with the fob. Opened with code, powered up and then everything worked fine, but for two minutes it was quite concerning.

Could be nothing more than a glitch, but a bit odd. Maybe change the fob battery and for safe measure, perform a 12V reset by disconnecting the negative 12V battery cable and waiting at least a minute and reconnecting.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
What is the build date of your truck, might be time for new FOB batteries replace both if you have two of them.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Fob batteries.

Also, please learn how to use your fob key to open and start the truck so you're not needlessly panicking.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Happened to me Thursday evening. Went to load the kids up to go look at Christmas lights. Truck would not unlock with the button, but when I got closer all the zone lighting came on. When I grabbed the drivers door handle the touch unlock worked, not sure what that feature’s called. Fob buttons have been working fine since then.

Truck’s only a couple months old, so no update was happening, and fob batteries should be fine. Shrugging it off for now

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored