• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone swap out tow hooks?

Lpotter86

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ER
Painted mine today. About 30 mins worth of work minus paint drying time.

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone swap out tow hooks? IMG_0982

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone swap out tow hooks? IMG_0981
Sponsored

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
To circle back and kind of wrap up my tow hook question, I installed the ford blue hooks today (the actual hooks, not the silicone covers) and am quite pleased with the look. Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread, much appreciated.

IMG_7093.jpeg

IMG_7092.jpeg
Looks great! I just ordered a set from Ford. Looks like they’re on sale for $85 and the 15% off promo also works so I got them for $76 after tax.

How hard was the install? Did you remove the rubber boot or force the hook through it instead?

OP
OP
Kipp

Kipp

First Name
Kipp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Install wasn’t too bad, took my time and it probably took about 45 minutes total. I seem to recall removing the boot on one side and forcing it thru in the other. Can’t say one was markedly easier than the other.

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Hey all. I just set up an Etsy shop for my tow hook covers. I’ve gone a bit beyond what I had originally shared in the 3D printing thread with two styles available, snap-on and a new full wrap around flexible cover. Both styles are weather proof and have been holding up well so far in this rainy, hot, and humid Florida summer. Anyway, feel free to check out my Etsy link, but I am willing to offer a discount to forum members if you message me directly.

https://tufftrucksclub.etsy.com/listing/1770304897

Edit: I’m new to the Etsy thing, so I just learned that if you don’t have your quantity se correctly, it will say sold out after one order (woohoo! First order!). Anyway, I think it is fixed in case anyone went to the link and it showed sold out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Both styles are weather proof and have been holding up well so far in this rainy, hot, and humid Florida summer.
I can testify that your snap on design is holding up well in the dry and dusty Arizona summer heat as well. Despite getting full sun on them for most daylight hours. Maybe in September, remind me and I'll pop one off and send you some comparison shots with the extra one you sent that's lived in a box this whole time.

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Thanks for the feedback @invertedspear! Mine have held up well too, but I have been regularly swapping them as I update my prototypes. That said, I’ve had no issues thus far in hot and humid (and very rainy, especially the last few days) Florida.
Sponsored