Sponsored

Anyone Using These LED Replacements in Their Halogen Housings?

tardman91

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
Saw these recommended in a F150 Facebook group, but as always I like to seek out more opinions. They seem to have good reviews on Amazon. Spare me the lecture about using LEDs in a halogen housing. I bought an STX and I want better lights. If I could swap in the legit LED housings without having to replace modules and coding all that jazz I would, but I can't. Any other ideas for better lighting or LED bulbs I should check out? Looking to replace the high and low beams, and maybe the fogs.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089FGSQ4...olid=26FWKN5YZOAKH&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone Using These LED Replacements in Their Halogen Housings? 61jOOp4o1AL._AC_SL1200_
Sponsored

OzzieSr

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Lariat Sport 502A
Before trading it, I was about to replace all bulbs in my 18 XLT. After digging around I ended up deciding on these guys;

f150leds.com

OP
OP
tardman91

tardman91

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
Before trading it, I was about to replace all bulbs in my 18 XLT. After digging around I ended up deciding on these guys;

f150leds.com
Thanks I have seen those. They look to be a little more involved than the ones I linked to, which I don't necessarily mind. It's just $70 vs. $330. I don't know if it's a case of "you get what you pay for" or just a huge markup on their part.

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
I threw some Amazon LEDs in my Jeep. They were definitely better than the stock halogen bulbs, but one flaw was that they would flicker because of the lower power consumption of LED's vs Halogens. Something to consider, as some LED sellers offer in-line power boxes (or whatever they might be called) to eliminate flickering.

From the research I did before purchasing, you basically want the thinnest "arm" ( or whatever it is actually called - the part the yellow LEDs attach to) as possible, as that will provide the best focus and beam cutoff without the arm getting in the way.

OP
OP
tardman91

tardman91

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
Are there any good halogen replacements that are brighter? I remember back in the day when silver stars were all the rage. I might have even put a set in my 2005. Are those still a good option? Have they gotten better or has someone improved the product, or did they all start making LEDs?

Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Are there any good halogen replacements that are brighter? I remember back in the day when silver stars were all the rage. I might have even put a set in my 2005. Are those still a good option? Have they gotten better or has someone improved the product, or did they all start making LEDs?
I had good luck with Philips

Dmusick757

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 powerboost xl
I just replaced my halogens with these. They work pretty well

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone Using These LED Replacements in Their Halogen Housings? 20210926_133423

Sponsored

mme_and_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 Iced White, 2023 Lightning Platinum
Just a note, I replaced Halogen in a few cars with LED. 2 things I found out.

1) some need to be vented so an enclosed holder not allowing for heat dissipation for the LED cooling fins may cause a pre-mature bulb failure.

2) LEDs do not point straight outward. See the picture of the bulbs by the OP. You are best working at night on flat ground, point the truck toward a wall, and revolving the unit as needed to make a straight light line -left to right- around the knees.

All in all, I was always very happy with LED lights.

Last edited: