• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

At home charging schedule

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Unfortunately target charge levels are 50, 60, 70, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100. Nothing in between and nothing less than 50.

I'd prefer if the system allowed you to prioritize charging schedule or desired state of charge. Also having a location based target charge levels great, but why not also have a global target charge level. While we are at it, charging data on the display while charging (dcfc).

*I use the time control function of my evse to control charging times. If I needed to charge outside those times I can use a dumb evse (clipper creek or fcsp).

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I think your best bet is to do what I do:

- set the "START" time you wish
- set the "END" time, though, 15 hours in the future

what will now happen is no matter what SOC you have set, the charging will ONLY start at your START time, but you'll have to MANUALLY Stop the charge when you wish, either thru your Ford Pass App, or by unplugging...

This method tricks the truck into thinking that you are giving it PLENTY of time from the Starting point to meet your SOC, so, therefore, no matter your Battery SOC at the start, it will NOT start before then.

OP
OP
Truaz

Truaz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT-ER
Occupation
IT Engineer
So this is an actual issue with Ford where they know of this issue but no fix for it yet. I captured some more info last night that I thought was interesting. Watch the charge start time as it changes from now to my preferred time.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
So this is an actual issue with Ford where they know of this issue but no fix for it yet. I captured some more info last night that I thought was interesting. Watch the charge start time as it changes from now to my preferred time.

C'mon Ford, I applied for your software development manager position, I can help you fix this. Hire me already!
Sponsored