• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Auto Door Lock Workaround

steelersmb

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Lariat
So I came up with a way to automatically lock the doors when Bluetooth disconnects. I use a program on my Android phone (sorry iPhone users) called Automate. I created a workflow that when Bluetooth disconnects from the truck, it will open my phone screen, log me into my phone, open the Ford app, and click on the lock doors icon. It also sends a message that the doors are locked so you know it worked. It's not the prettiest solution but it does work. If anyone is interested in knowing more, let me know.
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
So I came up with a way to automatically lock the doors when Bluetooth disconnects. I use a program on my Android phone (sorry iPhone users) called Automate. I created a workflow that when Bluetooth disconnects from the truck, it will open my phone screen, log me into my phone, open the Ford app, and click on the lock doors icon. It also sends a message that the doors are locked so you know it worked. It's not the prettiest solution but it does work. If anyone is interested in knowing more, let me know.
Good job.
FYI, Someone used Tasker before to do this for Android:
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...to-f150-lightning-using-tasker-android.15461/

I developed a process for iPhone (and someone else used another method within this thread)
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...k-iphone-work-around-for-the-lightning.13505/

mefly2

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER / KO2s max tow ; 22 F350, 23 C8 Vette
Occupation
Retired CSc/Math teacher. LEO
Sure, plese share your experience ...

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
I'm surprised people want this so badly. I thought I did too until I hauled some lumber the other day. I realized that when doing things like unloading my truck you walk back and fourth from the truck to the work site many times.

It would be annoying if I had keys in my pocket and my truck was doing all this automated unlock / lock crap every time I walked near it and away from it.

I already had to disable the auto running board and lighting when walking near it. I guess I run out to my garage too much but with PAAK going out to my garage to grab a tool or a snack from the fridge would always wake the truck up.

OP
OP

steelersmb

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Lariat
I'm surprised people want this so badly. I thought I did too until I hauled some lumber the other day. I realized that when doing things like unloading my truck you walk back and fourth from the truck to the work site many times.

It would be annoying if I had keys in my pocket and my truck was doing all this automated unlock / lock crap every time I walked near it and away from it.

I already had to disable the auto running board and lighting when walking near it. I guess I run out to my garage too much but with PAAK going out to my garage to grab a tool or a snack from the fridge would always wake the truck up.
I could see in your situation where this would be an issue but it's simple to stop the flow and restart it when needed. I could actually probably implement some type of on/off button as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP

steelersmb

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Lariat

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
From looking at this tasker app, it uses the Ford API. Isn't that an issue with being blocked by Ford? Mine uses UI Interaction.
I think that issue has slowed since Ford switched API's. Many of us use Home Assistant with the API and have not had issues. Just don't overuse it. For Home Assistant I created a second Ford Account and linked it to my truck just in case.

My iPhone method uses the official Alexa interface to FordPass so no worries with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

steelersmb

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Lariat
I didn't think about using the Alexa routine so I'm going to modify my script to use Alex and Autovoice together to trigger the routine instead. This will be a little smoother.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Good news. It only locks once when the truck is turned off. For our work-arounds the trigger event is CarPlay disconnecting. Just walking to and from won't trigger locking. There is no automated Walk-Up Unlock. You have to touch inside handle.

On the official Ford implementation, there is a setting to turn WAL on and off.

Last edited:

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat

The feature can be turned off in the settings if properly implemented. On the Mach-E it works perfectly and if you want to leave it unlocked, just turn it off in the settings.

I believe walk-away-lock should be available on all proximity keyed vehicles.

Flash

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
Occupation
EE
Is there any link to where I can enable this feature or is the update out yet? Also it there a way to do it with Alexa on Android?
Good news. It only locks once when the truck is turned off. For our work-arounds the trigger event is CarPlay disconnecting. Just walking to and from won't trigger locking. There is no automated Walk-Up Unlock. You have to touch inside handle.

On the official Ford implementation, there is a setting to turn WAL on and off.
How do I make sure this setting is on? I sometimes find my truck unlocked at night when I don't have the keys with me.
Sponsored