• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Auto high-beam - speed limit adjust

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
I'm getting irrationally upset that my auto high-beams don't turn back on until I hit 33 MPH, which is an illogical PITA when driving around suburbia. I hate speeding up to 33 MPH then slowing back down to normal suburban speeds, just to keep cycling that each time I encounter another car or an ill-directed street lamp. Is there a setting in Forscan that can lower this threshold? Or perhaps the anti-glare feature makes this irrelevant?

First-world problems, yes, I know. Children in Niger are wondering where their next meal is coming from, grandmas in the Middle East are digging their grandkids out of a collapsed house, kids in China are finishing their 12 hour work day, but my $80k truck won't keep its high beams on.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Viewpapa

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning
Occupation
Retired
I am wondering about the same..looking forward to comments.

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
Honestly? I don't think you should be using high beams in suburbia. Suburbia has street lamps, and lots of houses with bedroom windows not far from the street.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
No, you cannot change the speed.

Turn them on MANUALLY. #FirstWorldProblems

Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning SR Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
I'm getting irrationally upset that my auto high-beams don't turn back on until I hit 33 MPH, which is an illogical PITA when driving around suburbia. I hate speeding up to 33 MPH then slowing back down to normal suburban speeds, just to keep cycling that each time I encounter another car or an ill-directed street lamp. Is there a setting in Forscan that can lower this threshold? Or perhaps the anti-glare feature makes this irrelevant?

First-world problems, yes, I know. Children in Niger are wondering where their next meal is coming from, grandmas in the Middle East are digging their grandkids out of a collapsed house, kids in China are finishing their 12 hour work day, but my $80k truck won't keep its high beams on.

Thoughts?
LOL.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Honestly? I don't think you should be using high beams in suburbia. Suburbia has street lamps, and lots of houses with bedroom windows not far from the street.
I would mostly agree but suburban driving tends to have more wildlife (deer and bear) encounters at night that benefit from the wide view of the high beams. Like I’m fine if the high beams are variable in that it’s got a slightly milder beam at low speeds but trying to drive through residential at 25mph at night feels like I lose half a block of safety margin without high beams.
Sponsored