• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Available power

Ford Fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 IH Scout 800A
Wondering if this is normal for us living in colder climates. Battery was down to 21% soc on the way to work this morning 31 degrees f, available power on the meter was high 80%. Charged for 4 hours at 6kw and left work at 40%, (61 degrees), available power was 96%, drove 10 miles stopped and at 94% with 35% battery. Temp gauges are in the normal range.
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Sounds normal.

Wait till you have to charge in freezing temps - that's when you find out your winter range...

OP
OP

Ford Fanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 IH Scout 800A
Sounds normal.

Wait till you have to charge in freezing temps - that's when you find out your winter range...
I’m not experiencing a range loss as gas as m/kw is concerned. I’m more worried about battery degredation or a possible issue. I know TFL Truck mentioned in a video reduced range to protect the battery in an overheating situation.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
In this case, the truck is de-rating the power because the batteries can't deliver full power cold. It also can't put energy into the batteries at full rate when cold. I wouldn't worry about battery degradation.

It will be interesting to see what the batteries do in terms of de-rating during this first winter that the truck's been out.
Sponsored