• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bed liner Line-X tailgate?

Sirkillz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
I’m getting my bed Line-X soon. The inside of the tailgate has that plastic piece with the tape measure and stuff on it. I was thinking it would be best to Line-x right over it but I noticed it’s bolted down and removing it may be the only way to get to the tail gate light bar if it needed to be serviced. Or maybe there’s another reason to not do that?
Should I…
A) Line-X right over it.
B) Have it removed and Line-Xed and then replaced.
C) Line-X only the exposed paint that’s exposed around it.
D) Don’t have any of the tailgate Line-Xed
Sponsored

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
I did not get the plastic part covered, I told them to remove it and the side "bottle openers" hardware, apply the liner then reinstall said parts. I think it looks good and works great :)

Ford F-150 Lightning Bed liner Line-X tailgate? IMG_0365

OP
OP
Sirkillz

Sirkillz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
I did not get the plastic part covered, I told them to remove it and the side "bottle openers" hardware, apply the liner then reinstall said parts. I think it looks good and works great :)

IMG_0365.jpeg
Yeah I think that makes most sense. Good to know it can be done that way. Did they remove all the other hardware in your bed?

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Yes other than the bed bolts to the frame.

MyRCode

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum
Mine was also done the same way. I think it looks fantastic!

Sponsored

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
I’ve had a spray in liner in the last three trucks I’ve owned an F-350 and two F-250’s, in all cases I left these in. They goto self crimping bolts so you’d need to get new bolts plus never had any reason to remove the bed bolts. If you ever did need to remove them it would be doable. Not worth the hassle to remove them for a spray in liner in my view, but certainly doable 😁.

jefrank

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2004 BMW 330Ci
Line-X removed my tailgate liner to spray, but apparently got lazy about it and didn't tape off the wires and such. That was discovered after i was rear-ended and the body shop had to spend extra time (on the insurance company, fortunately) clearing the liner material off the wire harnesses.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT

IMG_0365.jpeg
That’s how I had them do mine also

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Flash, Model Y Performance
I just had the Line-X done last Thursday. They removed the plastic tailgate piece and all the bed hardware except the floor bolts. They didn’t ask and I didn’t offer any input, other than asking them not to install their logo, which they complied with.
Sponsored