Sponsored

Black Interior Only?

TexasGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
I've been lurking for a while. I have a Lariat+ reserved on the first day. I've been having a hard time trying get some work done and keep up, so I may have missed this, but are the only interiors black?
Sponsored

TDC

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Pilot
Occupation
Retired
It looks like there is only one color for each model.

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2018 GS Corvette, 22 Lightning bw 5/9
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I've been lurking for a while. I have a Lariat+ reserved on the first day. I've been having a hard time trying get some work done and keep up, so I may have missed this, but are the only interiors black?
On the Lariat trim level the only interior color is black. Then if you want the ER battery, it only comes in a package with the glass moonroof to create a vehicle too hot to sit in during the middle of the summer. Good thing right now I live in Michigan where it is winter six months of the year.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Yea, if I had a black interior, oh wait, I do.... and that crazy glass roof..... then on summer days I bet I would rarely ever retract the screen.
I rarely do. In fact, most folks would never know I even have that giant window to the stars in my truck.

Note: I bought from inventory. So.....

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I don't recall having the interior being superheated when I had the Limited with the double moon roof in South Texas.

Sponsored

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4X, 2018 Ford F150xlt Sport
Our current F150 has the giant glass roof and black (cloth) interior, our Mach E has the giant glass roof and black interior. Neither of which gets too hot to sit in. We never close the cover in the truck and the MME does not even have the option to close it. The MME glass is IR treated so that helps, not sure about the truck.

I do wish there were other interior color options tho

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
If heat is a concern, remember you can pre-condition the cabin of the truck before you get in. I will often do that when I'm heading home.

I also would prefer a different interior color other than black, but it's not a dealbreaker. Good window tint can also help mitigate heat.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Black leather interiors are the most awful design in my 5 decades of driving cars.

Being in the hot southwest, I prefer tan, beige, light gray, white interiors....

GOP.EV.Driver

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla (x2)/Audi
Black leather interiors are the most awful design in my 5 decades of driving cars.

Being in the hot southwest, I prefer tan, beige, light gray, white interiors....
Meanwhile I'm annoyed my Platinum has the non-black inserts in them. I exclusively buy black/black/black cars -- also in SoCal.

audiomikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 RAM 1500, MB W221, C5 Camaro, Prius V, 300C
Occupation
Manufacturing Engineer
All Black interior on Lariat followed by excessive dealer fees may end up killing this vehicle purchase.
I am sure Ford has consumer purchase psychology experts on the payroll who study how much pain through extra unnecessary fees and add-ons they push before customers walkaway for good on the sale. Then they back it down by one hope the customer forgets the pain by the time the next purchase comes around (hint, some don't) I haven't forgot Ford! Before 1998 I owned 6 different Fords. 1998-2018 came close once but RAM was $6k cheaper. Lightning maybe my first Ford purchase in 23 years. If they don't get too greedy and the dealer doesn't blow the sale by insisting on a $499 dealer doc fee. Keep in mind Ford I buy new vehicle every 2-3 years. That is a lot of lost sales by you and the dealers!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Dealership fees aren't a Ford thing. They could study our threshold of pain, but they aren't the ones playing games with the end purchaser.
Sponsored