First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Pro Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
General Contracting
For the past couple of days my center screen has gone blank. I shut it down and lock the car and start it up again a few times to get a screen again. This morning the key fob wouldn’t unlock it so i unlocked with the phone and it sensed the key so i could move it. Again with a blank screen. Then after shutting it down and restarting it the center screen did a long loop of the startup screen and went blank again. I guess i should pull the battery to reset it???? Seems like we should have a reset button somewhere.
I’ve never had this issue before after having it for a year.
Sponsored

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
I know you can reboot sync by holding "radio seek right" and "volume down" button at the same time for a few seconds. Not sure if that would help, a friend with a bronco had their center screen replaced recently under warranty. Hope it's an easy fix for you.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Did your truck receive any updates recently?

Sometimes the screens act weird for a few minutes afterward or maybe one drive cycle at most, but persisting for several days is unusual.

Before going the route of pulling a fuse or the battery terminal, double check that you don't have any updates still pending install or trying to download, if clear, give it a shot.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Look in the manual for the reboot procedure, it's holding 2 buttons on the steering wheel, those 2 buttons are different between 15" and 12".

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
For the past couple of days my center screen has gone blank. I shut it down and lock the car and start it up again a few times to get a screen again. This morning the key fob wouldn’t unlock it so i unlocked with the phone and it sensed the key so i could move it. Again with a blank screen. Then after shutting it down and restarting it the center screen did a long loop of the startup screen and went blank again. I guess i should pull the battery to reset it???? Seems like we should have a reset button somewhere.
I’ve never had this issue before after having it for a year.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

Lightning101

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Had the same issue went blank and stayed that way for an entire day. I tried the soft reset however that didn’t work as it only resets the sync screen. The next day the screen reappeared. I’ve scheduled an appointment to take it into my local dealer.
Sponsored