• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Boat Launches

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Honda Accord Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Semi retired truck driver
Any issues with boat launches, being electric motors back there, as sometimes, especially shallow ramps, I have to back in reasonably far.
My current vehicle is a Ram 1500, and I have had to occasionally back in until about 70% of the rear tires are in the water. Is that doable without any problems?
Sponsored

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
Any issues with boat launches, being electric motors back there, as sometimes, especially shallow ramps, I have to back in reasonably far.
My current vehicle is a Ram 1500, and I have had to occasionally back in until about 70% of the rear tires are in the water. Is that doable without any problems?
Having occasionally been involved in boat launches, I was wondering that myself...

I guess the real question is "For how many instances of partial submergence are the electric system seals reasonably expected to hold?"

A propos of nothing at all yet it's kind of related: last weekend I sprayed the bejeezus out of my underbody with Amsoil MP HD. Took 3.5 cans' worth. I figure "can't hurt, might help" and all that, as Winter salt and rains are a'coming.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Honda Accord Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Semi retired truck driver
This video says not to drive in water deaper than the center of the wheel hubs but it doesn't say why. That's the same guidance they give for ICE trucks. Maybe there's a vent for the differential you wouldn't want to submerge? I don't think electrical connections are a huge concern.
At most launches I put my rear tires in 20%-40%, but have had to occasionally back in till about 70% is under water. I change the rear diff oil in my ram every 2nd year, approximately 30,000 to 40,000 kms, and never had water contamination in it.

The lightning doesn't have a diff, so that won't be an issue.
Sponsored