• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Broke Turn Signal in Mirror - how to repair?

drdirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
So stupidly I hit my garage door frame when backing out. It's a tight fit so it just scraped the turn signal in the mirror and broke the housing. The turn signal still works but I can't stand looking at my beloved truck not being perfect. I searched all over the web and could not find how to remove and replace the turn signal. Does anybody know for sure how to get it out? Does it need to disassembly the whole mirror? Some model years seem to have a tap that hold it in that you can just release. Appreciate any insight.

Ford F-150 Lightning Broke Turn Signal in Mirror - how to repair? IMG_8339.JPG
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I don't think you can just replace the light.

techdaddy3x

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Years ago i had a mirror/motor break in a side mirror. i bought one off of ebay but it had a different color paint on it. The painted pieces popped off using tension mounts so i was able to match the color.
Replacing the side mirror is easy. Remove the triangle shaped trim piece inside the door and remove some bolts. Unplug and replug in the new one.

You MAY be able to replace just the lens but likely the whole mirror is your only current option.

Good luck!

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I had to replace 3 mirrors on my old truck over the 12 years I owned it doing what you did. Love the power fold on my new truck. I don't use the side mirrors when backing out or pulling in. So I fold when pulling in and unfold after pulling out.

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning Lariat , 22 Mach E GT
I broke mine a while back on my 23 lightning I had to order the whole mirror. My local dealer gave me a deal on the part but in Canada it was over $1100 but I was able to pop the glass off and transfer the painted portion to the new one, so I didn’t have to get the new one painted. If you end up going that route, you just need to pop the mirror off so you can get out the screws to transfer the cover. It screwed and not clipped. Don’t try to transfer the glass on my old one I tried taking the wire clips off the mirror, and it just broke

Ford F-150 Lightning Broke Turn Signal in Mirror - how to repair? IMG_9226

Ford F-150 Lightning Broke Turn Signal in Mirror - how to repair? IMG_9224

Sponsored
OP
OP

drdirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Thank you. Looks like I need a new mirror just to get the parts out and then I can put them in my existing mirror. Very annoying. I was hoping there is a way to just replace the turn signal but I have also had no luck finding that part number anywhere. I did see some YouTube that shows you how to pop off the mirror. Hope it doesn't break on my!

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Thank you. Looks like I need a new mirror just to get the parts out and then I can put them in my existing mirror. Very annoying. I was hoping there is a way to just replace the turn signal but I have also had no luck finding that part number anywhere. I did see some YouTube that shows you how to pop off the mirror. Hope it doesn't break on my!
Before buying a new mirror, I would call the body shop at your dealer and see what they say. Never hurts to ask.

OP
OP

drdirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
That's my plan, have a friend who has a body shop. planning to ask him.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Any update on this? I cracked my turn signal backing out of a side by side Tesla spot (fit on the way in but not the way out). Passenger mirror just caught the Tesla ev charger sign. It still works but I am concerned about water penetration. I'm also moving to the desert so if it's a pricy fix I'll put it off til I see rain reliably again.

OP
OP

drdirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
no real update. I never had it repaired, too expensive. For now I will drive it and like yours it still works so I will wait as long as I can. In the meantime I am dealing with the dreaded high voltage battery fault so this is kind of low on my list right now.

Sponsored

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
no real update. I never had it repaired, too expensive. For now I will drive it and like yours it still works so I will wait as long as I can. In the meantime I am dealing with the dreaded high voltage battery fault so this is kind of low on my list right now.
A suggestion perhaps would be to put a small bead a of clear silicone on the cracked part to prevent moisture inside the unit which would be even more expensive to replace in case of total failure....
This is what I did to my cracked driver side rear tail light to prevent moisture penetration until I finally resolved to spend the $2000.00 for the replacement part alone (no install) which I did replace by myself.
Happy trucking!

OP
OP

drdirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Good idea, wow, 2000 for just the part. That is steep!
Sponsored