• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Camera Close Button Missing at Speed

xwing

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
@Ford Motor Company I don't know if this was on 6.5 or 6.8 update, but I have lost the camera close button when at speed. The climate control is also greyed out. The close button is there when stopped. Attached is a pic that my wife took while I was driving. No X button on the upper right.
Ford F-150 Lightning Camera Close Button Missing at Speed PXL_20231219_180621118
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Ya, it was 6.3 or even earlier that they messed this up

The close button pops up at exactly 10kmh. Their programmers botched the code.

It's stupid and annoying, especially if you hit the button on the highway. Recently, all these updates coming in fast and then redone shows how poorly managed their development team is.

Ideally, I would roll back mine a few versions to get these bugs gone and live with it.

I'll say it again, but I'd love to know what the problems are with bluecruise and all these updates they've been botching. I'm at the point of just guessing what could be wrong but the only thing I can think of right now is that the hardware can't keep up with the software and they're trying to skirt it by hacking away functionality.

I still love the truck and it is still functional, just a giant pita figuring out these new bugs and how to deal with them. I know better than to turn my cameras on at speed now.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
makes me glad I'm still on 4.22. seems to work fine

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
@Ford Motor Company I don't know if this was on 6.5 or 6.8 update, but I have lost the camera close button when at speed. The climate control is also greyed out. The close button is there when stopped. Attached is a pic that my wife took while I was driving. No X button on the upper right.
PXL_20231219_180621118.jpg
Yep. 6.1 for me back in October. It’s a pain because I use the cargo camera often at speed. I reset sync to get back, but kind of a pain of a work around.

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
I have the same issue. You can't hit anything on the screen to leave the camera view. What you can do is press the physical parking button under the display. This gets you off the camera screen, so you can close it out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
xwing

xwing

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
I have the same issue. You can't hit anything on the screen to leave the camera view. What you can do is press the physical parking button under the display. This gets you off the camera screen, so you can close it out.
Great suggestion, I hadn't thought of that. On the highway I fold my mirrors and use the rear bed camera if changing lanes. Thank You for the work around. Hopefully @Ford Motor Company will get a fix out soon!

Who764

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I have had this same issue. Another work around is if you choose a different camera, the X will return and you can close it out. I didn't even try and bring this up to my dealer because it would be a waste of time. My bed camera goes in and out intermittently because of an apparent electrical issue, but my dealer seems to be convinced that an OTA removed the bed camera functionality. If would be great if these service departments were a little more informed than the customer when it comes to these types of issue.

OP
OP
xwing

xwing

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Nice hack. Have you found this increases your range?
Yes, it makes a difference about 7-10%. Speeds above about 45 mph are affected by aero. The force is not linear, so the faster you go the more it helps. Speed and Temp are the biggest factors that I have found. I make an 18 mile trip 2 days a week driving same route. Last week in the morning at 27 degrees got 2.3, in the afternoon at 52 degrees 2.7. Mirrors in on state route with 55 MPH speed limit for about 10 of those miles.

Willebrew

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Pre-Order | Lightning Lariat ER Owner
Occupation
Software Developer & CEO - ADAS research and development for fun
The park assist method works, but if you switch from the bed camera to the rear camera, the exit button reappears.
Sponsored