• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
robertantal

robertantal

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
engineer
This is a Kodiak Canvas truck tent available for around $500 on most camping sites. There is a full size 6ft and a full size 8ft version and both will fit the Lightning. I opted for the 8ft version and I tucked the extra material behind the cab. It was just personal choice.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I built my own - $80... works great, and very easy to 'pack up' : )
Ford F-150 Lightning Camping with the Lightning and Kodiak Canvas truck tent TENT camping Cotton Hill c

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
my camper likes it, too... thanks to the ProPower while driving, and my ingenuity of installing a 20amp heavy-duty OUTLET at the rear of the LIGHTNING, to power the Camper while traveling...

Ford F-150 Lightning Camping with the Lightning and Kodiak Canvas truck tent TWEET to Jim Farley - it's everything you said it would be

wired directly to a 20amp heavy duty ext cord, that simply runs behind the bumper and up into the bed, to plug into an outlet, when towing...
Ford F-150 Lightning Camping with the Lightning and Kodiak Canvas truck tent IMG-6869

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
This is a Kodiak Canvas truck tent available for around $500 on most camping sites. There is a full size 6ft and a full size 8ft version and both will fit the Lightning. I opted for the 8ft version and I tucked the extra material behind the cab. It was just personal choice.
Great post. Any complaint about the tent? Anything you particularly like about it (the reasons you picked it over others)?

This guy used it but want to go back to ground tents (min 11:11):

Last edited:

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
A/C- heat thru the rear window would be the way to go for truck bed camping.

OP
OP
robertantal

robertantal

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
engineer
Great post. Any complaint about the tent? Anything you particularly like about it (the reasons you picked it over others)?

This guy used it but want to go back to ground tents (min 11:11):

No complains so far!
Heating/cooling can be achieved with a portable ac/heat unit since you have 110 available in the bed.
https://a.co/d/3jBcaGh
Some ducts could be connected to the rear seat AC outlets and run trough the rear window and the tent lower window what can be zipped open for a less expensive setup.
Amazon sells the bed mat with memory foam and self inflating for $99.
https://a.co/d/eI1Di4o
I also use the sliding bed cover as a table or seating area. My daughter even comes to sleep on it sometimes since it can be locked at any position.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
No complains so far!
Heating/cooling can be achieved with a portable ac/heat unit since you have 110 available in the bed.
https://a.co/d/3jBcaGh
Some ducts could be connected to the rear seat AC outlets and run trough the rear window and the tent lower window what can be zipped open for a less expensive setup.
Amazon sells the bed mat with memory foam and self inflating for $99.
https://a.co/d/eI1Di4o
I also use the sliding bed cover as a table or seating area. My daughter even comes to sleep on it sometimes since it can be locked at any position.
Yup, power in the back opens up all kinda options. Then again, depending on how often you use that heat/AC unit, cost of that unit could make the case for a few nights in Hilton instead ;)

been a while but your post is getting me excited about getting back out there.

Thanks for sharing the info.

Sponsored

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
my camper likes it, too... thanks to the ProPower while driving, and my ingenuity of installing a 20amp heavy-duty OUTLET at the rear of the LIGHTNING, to power the Camper while traveling...

TWEET to Jim Farley - it's everything you said it would be.jpg's everything you said it would be.jpg

wired directly to a 20amp heavy duty ext cord, that simply runs behind the bumper and up into the bed, to plug into an outlet, when towing...
IMG-6869.jpg
Your registration is expired.

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Folks, I am glad that others are having fun in the woods with their tents on their Lightnings. Plenty of power for all your gadgets that require electrons to run.
Ford F-150 Lightning Camping with the Lightning and Kodiak Canvas truck tent IMG_1277

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning Lariat
Took my pop up into the mountains this weekend. We do dispersed camping so there are no “sites” or power around. Hooked the pop up to the truck and ran everything we need. Lights over cooking prep station, lights in the camper, portable electric heater in the camper for when it dipped down to high 30’s. But the real winner was when the other families were waiting for their coffee to percolate I pulled out my travel Keurig and brewed a cup of coffee in about a minute.

We were up there for 2 nights and used about 20% battery on an ER which felt high to me but it seems silly that the truck has to be “on” to use the power. So I put both screens in calm mode and turned off the headlights. Still with my phone in my pocket it would drop the running boards periodically. If we can get that part figured out it’s golden.