• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Can now buy air struts for lightning

Hank42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Drilling into the frunk tub through the matt was scary. Way to many coolant and electrical lines for my taste. Not to mention what's the hold force of those screws through the plastic.
I agree, that was a rookie move - they should have pulled the tub out and inspected before just wingin' it. To thier credit, they did create a metal backplate to the underside of the plastic in the frunk to attach the tank to if you look at 6:08 in the video:

I am sure there are better options to locate the valve block, tank and compressors. They chose the frunk for marketing purposes cuz it looks "Cool" to show off their install when they open the frunk (and it does!)- and I would do the same if I were making a marketing video like this :) But not on my personal truck!

Also, all Lightnings have leveling sensors built in attached to the control arm of each wheel - would love to see a controller tie into the CAN bus and read the sensors to feed the Air suspension for preset heights - maybe even phone app that can talk to the valve block controller via bluetooth to adjust ride height based on location - that wired remote control in the video looks a little ghetto.

Anyone have this setup? be nice to see it in action - like how long does it take to go from full low to full high, and what is the total increase/decrease in height?
Sponsored