Sponsored

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
As far as making money by being a net exporter of oil and gas, that does two things. It helps contribute to the aforementioned CO2 problem. And #2, if oil and gas are very valuable resources, it's exporting our patrimony for short-term gain only to come up empty-handed that much sooner in the long run. A common problem on all sidef American politics: trying to take the here-and-now to the bank, not considering long-term effects enough.
You are of course entitled to your opinion about whether the US should curtail its oil and gas production. I, however, am all for US oil and gas production. I do not agree that it contributes to the CO2 problem. That would only be true if the decreased supply from the US were not replaced by the increased supply from elsewhere.

The fact is that global oil and gas consumption continues to increase, as more and more people come out of marginal living conditions and thereby increase the demand for energy production. I think the US should be providing that product, rather than the Russians and the Persian Gulf crowd.

We aren't running out of oil and gas any time soon, and my guess is we won't run out before we find a suitable alternative...and wind and solar are nowhere NEAR being a suitable alternative. So, if the US curtails its oil and gas production, it just gets produced elsewhere, and money flows where we don't want it to flow.
Sponsored

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
You are of course entitled to your opinion about whether the US should curtail its oil and gas production. I, however, am all for US oil and gas production. I do not agree that it contributes to the CO2 problem. That would only be true if the decreased supply from the US were not replaced by the increased supply from elsewhere.

The fact is that global oil and gas consumption continues to increase, as more and more people come out of marginal living conditions and thereby increase the demand for energy production. I think the US should be providing that product, rather than the Russians and the Persian Gulf crowd.

We aren't running out of oil and gas any time soon, and my guess is we won't run out before we find a suitable alternative...and wind and solar are nowhere NEAR being a suitable alternative. So, if the US curtails its oil and gas production, it just gets produced elsewhere, and money flows where we don't want it to flow.
Could easily curtail U.S. export of Oil, decouple the price from global demand, and lower gas prices for U.S. buyers by imposing an export tariff.

Keep US Oil here in the US and keep our gas prices down.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Hope Farley can successfully follow through on what he's quoted saying in an Electrek article:

“We are just in love with these monster vehicles,” Ford’s CEO said at the Aspen Ideas Festival Friday. And although Farley agreed, “I love them too,” he acknowledged they are a major issue due to their weight.

Ford’s CEO added, “We have to start to get back in love with smaller vehicles. It’s super important for our society and for EV adoption.”
Farley explained that “big, enormous EVs” are never going to make money. “The battery alone is $50,000,” he said, referring to larger-duty vehicles like Ford’s Super Duty models, which would need massive battery packs to enable +500 smile range.
https://electrek.co/2024/07/01/ford-ceo-calls-out-americas-love-monster-vehicles/