Sponsored

Joe.....Montana

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Rivian R1S has that cold weather range.. EV9 might as well, but I am not sure. MME California Route 1 should also be able to hit 200mi in the cold.
We would need 200+ miles of 75 mph with potential of just sitting on the interstate for 30 minutes without any warning.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

Joe.....Montana

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
EV6 is an SUV - more of one than the MME is.
My wife's view of an SUV is Toyota Highlander (Our current "SUV") or larger...I tried to sell her on an MME and she was having none of the "this is an "SUV"" talk. She's a tough customer.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
My wife's view of an SUV is Toyota Highlander (Our current "SUV") or larger...I tried to sell her on an MME and she was having none of the "this is an "SUV"" talk. She's a tough customer.
Rivian R1S then, go with the max pack (400mi rated) and you have plenty of range! Bit pricy though

Sponsored

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
But the quantity of people who preordered and bought a 22, then said not for me was very very high.
And people that bought the SR and then upgraded to the ER last fall and this spring with the year end incentives…..

To assume that those resales are to gassers is just a guess, a suspicion, or not being on this forum long enough.

Oh yeah, there were several that were on here waiting for the CT, btw🤷‍♂️

Solar

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER - 2014 Escalade Platinum
Occupation
Accredited Investor
The NACS adaptors need to arrive soon - appreciate his Tesla praise - however - Ford needs to communicate precise arrival times for NACS and similar promises.

Yes - it is wise to still have an ICE/PHEV vehicle given range/infra/cost constraints.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
The whole perspective that anyone who purchased a LIGHTNING, or any EV for that matter, then decided that it 'wasn't for them', and for whatever good reason they give, is simply LIFE - it's not any knock on EVs, it's not any knock on FORD, it's not any knock on the LIGHTNING or any other EV - it's simply not a 'fit' for that customer.

My brother-in-law thinks that everyone should have a loud screaming Diesel Ford Superduty, or they are somehow 'less than' he is... oh well, I suspect not everyone needs one, no matter how he 'feels' about it.
What I think about EVs holds the same regards - it doesn't matter what I think, it matters what each buyer NEEDS for their situation, or lifestyle, or desires.
I don't care if anyone buys an EV, or a LIGHTNING, or anything... it matters not.
The fact that some folks have any issue with what 'vehicle' the next person buys is systematic of underlying issues, not real-world concerns. We don't have hundreds of vehicle manufacturers around the world because everyone needs the exact same vehicle.

bananaslug79

First Name
Samas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sparky" 2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Self employed
My brother-in-law thinks that everyone should have a loud screaming Diesel Ford Superduty, or they are somehow 'less than' he is... oh well, I suspect not everyone needs one, no matter how he 'feels' about it.
What I think about EVs holds the same regards - it doesn't matter what I think, it matters what each buyer NEEDS for their situation, or lifestyle, or desires.
I don't care if anyone buys an EV, or a LIGHTNING, or anything... it matters not.
The fact that some folks have any issue with what 'vehicle' the next person buys is systematic of underlying issues, not real-world concerns. We don't have hundreds of vehicle manufacturers around the world because everyone needs the exact same vehicle.
It's true and somewhat infuriating. My wife was talking to her coal-country uncle the other weekend about us test driving the Mach E and how awesome it was (we held off on purchasing for now as our family size still gets good use out of our 10 year old third row). Her uncle asked "does it [the Mustang] make the loud noise?" to which we replied of course not. He then scoffs that it's not a Mustang without the loud noise! 🙄 Hardly a need as you say, but certainly a certain mindset that may never change. Ugh

Sponsored

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
I think it does have a lot to do with going elsewhere. Now that our household has an EV I'm itching to get a second one. Been looking at Kia EV9 or MME. Unfortunately until an EV can get 200+ miles in cold weather we won't make the jump. But as soon as a company makes an EV SUV that can achieve the 200+ in cold weather, we will be.
That would be the Kia EV6, Hyundai Ioniq 5/6, Lucid Air, Chevy Silverado and certain models of the Tesla - as well as other cars I'm not too familiar with (Polestar?) I'm not sure about the EV9, it it is too new to say much about cold weather performance. They also all charge faster.

The Lightning is a great truck but a middle of the road EV as far a EV performance goes. My Kia gets over 3.5 mi/kWh even in cold weather and shows more than 300 miles of range. I have taken it fairly low with no issues. It charges almost too quickly, hardly enough time to get to the restroom and back.

No fault to the Lightning, they got it to market three years ago but it is an ICE vehicle that they stuck a battery in. It works surprisingly well and I love the Frunk, despite its limitations our SR Lariat is the one that goes on long trips.

derelict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT ER
My F150L is the 3rd EV I've owned... it also happens to be the 3rd Pickup I owned. I had a Ram 1500 and a Silverado 1500 before my F150L. I was not looking for an EV that was a Truck. I wanted a Truck that happened to be an EV. And I don't want my EV to look like a spaceship or a shoe or a door stop or a bubble. I just want it to look like a car or truck. I love regular cars and trucks, but I also love having an EV drivetrain. But I think that if you can't charge at home, and EV is not very convenient yet. My first EV had 120 miles of range and I couldn't charge at home. It was a PITA and I was constantly planning where I was going to charge every day all day. Once I was able to charge at home, it didn't matter if I had 120 miles of range or 300 miles of range, I never gave it a thought. It was like driving my iphone, I just plugged it in at night and then in the morning I was good to go.
Sponsored