• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charger Fault error code with ChargePoint

Church

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat Ext. range
Occupation
County Health Director
I have charged my Lightning at a few Chargers in the 4 months I’ve owned it, mostly to try different brands and speeds. I have noticed that I’ll get a charge fault error code when I use ChargePoint. It will charge as normal but after the code, it’s business as usual.

Has anyone experienced this a sell?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The one and only time I tested a ChargePoint DCFC, it's gave me a charging error, after unplugging and redoing the activation via FordPass it worked. I haven't needed to use their services in a while.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I've never had that issue in all the CHARGEPOINTS I've used since August 2022... and that's a LOT!

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Plarinum
That happens to me if I leave the truck running when I Plug in at ChargePoint chargers.

If I power off the truck before plugging in it does not give an error. I can then start the truck. The ChargePoint chargers seem to throw the error code until I manually power it off.

I will note that I plugged into a Tesla Supercharger this weekend in Pigeon Forge, TN, and it powered off the truck and then started charging. I was able to then power on the truck and sit in A/C while the truck charged.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I use Chargepoint for about 90% DCFC charging and haven't had any issues. I use the app or RFID card.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Church

Church

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat Ext. range
Occupation
County Health Director
That happens to me if I leave the truck running when I Plug in at ChargePoint chargers.

If I power off the truck before plugging in it does not give an error. I can then start the truck. The ChargePoint chargers seem to throw the error code until I manually power it off.

I will note that I plugged into a Tesla Supercharger this weekend in Pigeon Forge, TN, and it powered off the truck and then started charging. I was able to then power on the truck and sit in A/C while the truck charged.
That has to be what I am experiencing. My truck is always on when I fast charge.

HopingItWorks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Office Support Clerk
I have charged my Lightning at a few Chargers in the 4 months I’ve owned it, mostly to try different brands and speeds. I have noticed that I’ll get a charge fault error code when I use ChargePoint. It will charge as normal but after the code, it’s business as usual.

Has anyone experienced this a sell?
I've only ever charged once and it was with Charge Point. It took in about 6 kilowatts and then errored out and stopped. I thought we were doomed, so I re-tried starting over q new session and it finished up the rest of the way.
Sponsored