Connectivity Dead - 2024 F-150 Lightning Lariat

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
No apples allowed, so no carplay, but I do use Android Auto all the time and to your point, it was working wirelessly while the rest of the connectivity was dead, meaning that the WiFi hotspot that the sync system sets up was functional.

I do use Alexa in the truck on a regular basis, but none of this seemed to cause the crash.
I have had it crash more often when using Alexa than any other time. Sometimes it crashes mid song. Other times it is the exact moment it changes from one song to the next. I am actually going to try disabling Alexa during one of my tests and see the results. The kids will hate that, but it only works about half the time anyway.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Well golllly [/gomer]

If I'd actually gone out to look like I just did on my coffee run, snapped a photo!!!

I stand corrected.

20241008_185519.jpg
Updated chart, so the 8/9 ... and so on are covering multiple systems on the one large fuse.

Ford F-150 Lightning Connectivity Dead - 2024 F-150 Lightning Lariat 1728440263424-ww

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
So after pulling fuse 32 and going on one trip of about 2 miles, the modem was locked up again when re-starting the truck. Interestingly enough during that time I received the karaoke 10.1.0 OTA.

I believe this is why I say that fuse 32 is not a reliable solution though. I believe there is something else going on that the fuse just doesn't take care of. I have gone ahead and pulled all 3 connectors off the modem for about a minute. The next time I will pull both fuse 8/9 and 32 at the same time and see what happens. If that doesn't fix it, then I will pull the whole battery terminal, as I should be up to date on software after the 10.1.1 update.

Here is a pic confirming the problem, even though I already knew what was going to happen. This is the charging location app. For reference this is at home parked in wifi zone. If the modem was working it would show the wifi icon with full signal and the up/down arrow icon.

IMG_2046.jpg
Sadly - I really think a 10 mm wrench and pulling the negative battery cable is a much quicker and easier solution. :)

OP
OP

PrimeRisk

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 L Lariat, 2023 Tesla MY, 2021 Tesla MYP
Occupation
Technonerd
Welp, not sure where I am now. I woke up this morning to receiving the 10.1.0 update for Karaoke and Public Charging, but now I can't operate the vehicle from FordPass. Lock, Unlock, and enable HVAC all fail, but it seems to know where it is and reflects the correct-ish SOC. Other connectivity features in the vehicle work (Alexa, Charging Stations, etc).

SMH

Ford F-150 Lightning Connectivity Dead - 2024 F-150 Lightning Lariat 1728482020323-k6

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Welp, not sure where I am now. I woke up this morning to receiving the 10.1.0 update for Karaoke and Public Charging, but now I can't operate the vehicle from FordPass. Lock, Unlock, and enable HVAC all fail, but it seems to know where it is and reflects the correct-ish SOC. Other connectivity features in the vehicle work (Alexa, Charging Stations, etc).

SMH

1728482020323-k6.jpg
What you are describing are Bluetooth issues and have nothing to do with the modem issues we have discussed. I would turn off Bluetooth on your phone and back on.
I can say for sure the mechanism is different because I can have none of the connectivity working but the app still works for lock/unlock etc if I am within Bluetooth range.

this update is wierd too in that the new features didn’t appear right away (last night). This morning though they were there and working. Just turn your truck off for a while if possible and see later in the day the status. Hopefully it will reset everything else back as well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
What you are describing are Bluetooth issues and have nothing to do with the modem issues we have discussed. I would turn off Bluetooth on your phone and back on.
I can say for sure the mechanism is different because I can have none of the connectivity working but the app still works for lock/unlock etc if I am within Bluetooth range.
Climate controls are not tied to Bluetooth. I can initiate climate start/change well away from Bluetooth range of my truck.

tearitupsports

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Climate controls are not tied to Bluetooth. I can initiate climate start/change well away from Bluetooth range of my truck.
Yes they all work outside of Bluetooth range as well but that will be consistent with the rest of the connectivity features. I guess they need to clarify how far from the truck they are trying these. There is also a case where connectivity works but the truck will have terrible cell service and things that require a feedback loop won’t work.

OP
OP

PrimeRisk

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technonerd

this update is wierd too in that the new features didn’t appear right away (last night). This morning though they were there and working. Just turn your truck off for a while if possible and see later in the day the status. Hopefully it will reset everything else back as well.
This is not a Bluetooth issue. If I am standing within site of the vehicle, I can operate all of these features. I'm in my office and the vehicle is parked the the parking garage 2 blocks away, it is using the internet and its modem. I use the HVAC feature most days to cool the vehicle before I get to it and now it's not working.

Last edited:
OP
OP

PrimeRisk

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technonerd
Yes they all work outside of Bluetooth range as well but that will be consistent with the rest of the connectivity features. I guess they need to clarify how far from the truck they are trying these. There is also a case where connectivity works but the truck will have terrible cell service and things that require a feedback loop won’t work.
Where I park my truck I normally show 5 bars of signal strength and I've never had an issue until the modem lockup issue appeared. Of course the cell carriers could be having an issue today in the area or other interference. I have tried a few times today and won't give up. The anomaly is that it has transmitted it's correct location and correct SOC, so either some info is communicating or the communications were disrupted after I parked this morning.
Sponsored