• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Console to column shift swap mod?

Vakatack

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning - Platinum
So the dial I got is from eBay it was $90 brand new. Comes from a ford escape. I’ve attached images of the listing with details.
In place of the original shifter I put the OEM Cubby that fits a truck with the column shifter which cost around $50 with the rubber and plastic inserts. I’ve attached an image of those partnumbers for anyone who needs them.
As far as the wire goes, I followed it down to a bigger harness that seems to connect somewhere underneath the center console compartment. It doesn’t go towards the screen like I would have imagined.
Infotainment seems to be the only company who has a harness but they refuse to sell me one no matter what. They insist I buy the entire $500 bundle. I’ve reached out to a few different companies and found one website that says they can get me the plastic female end but not the male end with pins.

Ford F-150 Lightning Console to column shift swap mod? image

Ford F-150 Lightning Console to column shift swap mod? IMG_0245

Ford F-150 Lightning Console to column shift swap mod? IMG_0246

Ford F-150 Lightning Console to column shift swap mod? IMG_0247
Sponsored

s_c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Owner
Thanks for the update!

How did you confirm function? Just drove around some with it hanging by the stock shifter location? Same with the button?

im sure you’ll find a wiring solution

keep us posted. This is great news so far

Reactions: dww

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Just an idea.... you could go on PCBWAY and print out a matching connector board and just solder in some male pins. Here's a good example from Jehu on youtube.

Jump to the 6 min mark.

Vakatack

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the update!

How did you confirm function? Just drove around some with it hanging by the stock shifter location? Same with the button?

im sure you’ll find a wiring solution

keep us posted. This is great news so far
I posted a full write up in another thread here. I’ve had it sitting in the cubby for about a week now it’s been working great.

Ford F-150 Lightning Console to column shift swap mod? IMG_0255

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
I posted a full write up in another thread here. I’ve had it sitting in the cubby for about a week now it’s been working great.

IMG_0255.jpeg
I'm curious... What happens when the truck wants to shift it back into park for you?

Say you're in D. You open the drivers door to look at something. The console shifter will grrrrrrrrr slowly back into P. What happens with the knob? Does it go N > R > P? Or right to P? Any codes?

Sponsored
OP
OP
ctuan13

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I loved the push buttons in my aunt’s 65 Dodge Dart. We would floor it then punch D. And wait for it to lurch forward. Great times for simple minds.

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
There’s a small space right under the trailer brake control that might fit a dial but I’m assuming it’s not going to be plug and play. How would the wiring work? Do you have any more info about the guy who used the mustang dial? Thanks in advance

image.jpg
What pedals are you using?

Vakatack

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yep that’s the one. First thing I bought for the truck. Had the Putco ones on my last truck which were heavier and more solid but these are great too. They’re half the price also.

Ford F-150 Lightning Console to column shift swap mod? IMG_0259
Sponsored