• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Console Vault for Platinum

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
VML3Z9906202A I found this PN in the forum for the Ford Console Vault, but when I go to sites that sell it I keep getting "does not fit your vehicle

I use 2022 Ford Lightning Platinum

What gives? Who is correct?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
You could call the manufacturer and order direct. Platinum has a bit different lid on its console, but it looks (to me) like it is only the emblem.

https://www.consolevault.com/Ford-F150-Full-Floor-Console-2021-2023_p_224.html#.ZGVydy_MLGE
I could but the Ford Parts site provides no clarity and the price is $339 whereas several Ford dealers near me are selling them for $270. I prefer $270, my concern is thier site shows not compatible. I just need the make sure I have the correct part number if thier system is in error.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I could but the Ford Parts site provides no clarity and the price is $339 whereas several Ford dealers near me are selling them for $270. I prefer $270, my concern is thier site shows not compatible. I just need the make sure I have the correct part number if thier system is in error.
Console Vault makes them for Ford. You can talk to helpful people over the phone. They know their product. It fit perfectly and was easy to install in my 2022 Lariat with the work surface cover. I signed up for their emails and paid $258, which included sales tax.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the console is exactly the same as the ice truck. Does it say it fits those?

Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Checking into these myself also.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
OP
OP

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Most sites say it won't fit the Lightning but will fit the gas vehicle. It's the same center console. This is where I found the best shipped price and bought mine. The page warns of a shipping delay now. It wasnt there a year ago so I don't know what the status is on them.

https://www.fordpartspros.com/oem-parts/ford-console-vault-captains-chair-vehicle-safe-vml3z9906202a
I was looking at that same site when I asked the question. You confirmed my suspicions they are the same,

OP
OP

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Well I went in different direction. I really wanted one that was half console. I ordered a E&G Console Vault for 2021+ Ford F-150/Raptor 7045-1000-2. A little cheaper but price was not the objective. And the half console tray works with this vault.
Thanks for all the suggestions. E&G says this fits the Platinum. I’ll post pictures once I install it.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Well I went in different direction. I really wanted one that was half console. I ordered a E&G Console Vault for 2021+ Ford F-150/Raptor 7045-1000-2. A little cheaper but price was not the objective. And the half console tray works with this vault.
Thanks for all the suggestions. E&G says this fits the Platinum. I’ll post pictures once I install it.
Can’t want to see it and hear what you think of it once Installed. I’m still on the fence.

OP
OP

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Can’t want to see it and hear what you think of it once Installed. I’m still on the fence.
Well finally got my Lightning on Tuesday. Little drama on the actual delivery but all in the rear view mirror.
I just finished installing the EGC-7045-1000-21 half console vault. I am very happy with the result!(y)(y)(y)(y)

Leaves me with easy access to things not in the vault and some added security for the smaller items I want to keep prying eyes and sticky fingers off of.

The most difficult part was removing the console inside cover so it could be placed into the console. Its tricky to get the vault into the console and impossible with that cover in place. Trying to rip it out after its all back together will be a real bitch, especially if you are in a hurry.

It attaches with 3 self tapping screws thru the bottom. That's probably the weakest feature but none of the vaults being sold are "removal proof" if someone has the time and energy to tear them out or apart.

Took less than an hour to install. Probably could be done in less than 30 mins but I get a little nervous forcing parts/pieces of my new truck apart.

The images below from top to bottom show:

* Vault in-place with inside console cover removed.

* Vault, inside console cover installed, and ford half console tray in place.

* Bottom of vault and 3 attaching screws.

I got my vault from Apollo Optics but it is sold on several websites.

It has 3 digit combo lock and and a key in case you forget your combination and is really heavy duty 12 gauge steel. I did not weigh it but I'd guess well over 10 pounds.

Ford F-150 Lightning Console Vault for Platinum half console 1

Ford F-150 Lightning Console Vault for Platinum half console 3

Ford F-150 Lightning Console Vault for Platinum half console
Sponsored