• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I am extremely thankful to FORD / Rivian and Tesla to come to an agreement and to @A2ZEV for getting a quality / reliable Tesla NACS to CCS adapter in time for Summer road trips.

In case of adventure into Sooner territory don’t forget to grab the new Typhoon Pro adapter.

Literally what I had to do before I left on a road trip to Oklahoma.

I had just recently received the newly redesigned Typhoon Pro adapter with improved latching mechanism which made it more user friendly. It was sitting by my front door when I took delivery and didn’t open the box yet.

A2Z EV Tesla Supercharger Adapter for Ford - Save 10% / Free Shipping + bundle the A2Z Stellar AC Tesla to J-1772 adapter for $72 additional after discount code "FORD".

I was not looking forward to using Francis Energy (see below charging scores) and having to find my RFID card to activate charging reliably. Wasted 15 minutes looking for that dang card.

Instead I just used my app and A2Z adapter to remove all my anxiety. All I had to do was uncheck the little box that says “Avoid sites that need an adapter”

My first stop I was able to get creative with my parking and only take up one stall/spot. Easily hit 200 kW @ 38 cents per kWh and it worked on the first try with a brand new adapter.

Thanks A2Z and Tesla. I love visiting Buc-ee’s over Walmart any time I go on a road trip. I also met another non-Tesla / Rivian owner who just got his R1S and already using the Typhoon pro. He also mentioned the pro was more user friendly. Nice to see A2Z in the wild.

My second stop blew my mind. First there was a Cybertruck there but really what was remarkable was the amount of Tesla level 2 and level 3 charger at a grocery store versus the 6 or 8 stalls at Walmart Electrify America that I run into usually.

They had 16 Level 3 Tesla Supercharger that can be used with the A2Z Typhoon Pro DC adapter and over 10 level 2 Tesla Destination charger that can be used with the A2Z Stellar AC adapter. Both times I had no worries about reliable / plentiful charging availability.

After trying the Typhoon Pro, Typhoon and Ford / Tesla OEM adapter. Here are my thoughts on them.

They all work great and beats having to use Electrify America. The most user friendly is the Typhoon pro due to the single switch to control the CCS side and NACS side. I also like how easy it is to hold the Typhoon pro securely. The lip on the NACS side is a nice touch to make sure the adapter doesn’t slip out of your hand.

The Ford / OEM Tesla dual latch is a little more user friendly compared to original Typhoon but a little harder to grip securely while toggling both the latches. I think grip tape might be nice to have as long as it doesn’t mess with thermals.

My trip to show my son potential universities went exactly as planned and what I had dreamed off as a kid and always wanted to do for my kid.

I never got a chance to visit universities while in school and check them out in person. I wanted to put my ride to work and deliver me the adventure my family will remember forever.

New orders: Current estimate for A2Z is shipping will take 1 week for the new Typhoon Pro adapter.

Discount promo code “FORD” is still working and free shipping is also available.

You can bundle the A2Z Stellar AC Tesla to J-1772 for $72 additional after discount by using the drop down on the Typhoon Pro page to get both adapters.

A2Z EV Tesla Supercharger Adapter for Ford - Save 10% / Free Shipping + bundle the A2Z Stellar AC Tesla to J-1772 adapter for $72 additional after discount code "FORD".

IMG_7701.jpeg

IMG_7365.jpeg
IMG_7669.jpeg
IMG_7491.jpeg
IMG_7348.jpeg
IMG_7345.jpeg
IMG_7679.png
IMG_7355.jpeg
IMG_7379.png
IMG_7358.jpeg
IMG_7370.jpeg
IMG_7380.jpeg
IMG_7389.jpeg
IMG_7388.jpeg
IMG_7680.png
IMG_7394.jpeg
IMG_7589.jpeg
IMG_7579.jpeg
IMG_7585.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I would add to this that at least for me A2Z did not charge sales tax either. And since I had to get them shipped to LA that saved another almost 10%. It’s a good deal. Mine are in the ups truck now working their way out here.

OP
OP
Madtroniks

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I would add to this that at least for me A2Z did not charge sales tax either. And since I had to get them shipped to LA that saved another almost 10%. It’s a good deal. Mine are in the ups truck now working their way out here.
A2Z was the best bang for buck for me for sure especially when picking up both level 3 Typhoon Pro and Level 2 Stellar AC adapter as a bundle which drops the price on the stellar plug to $72 and you can stack the “FORD” code on top to save 10% on the Pro and get free shipping too.

The customer service is icing on the cake. Being able to talk to a human and not having to deal with emails or tickets is my preferred method to answer my question / warranty support.

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
As a Longhorn, thankfully I will never need to venture farther north than the State Fair for ou reasons, but nice write up!

Could not agree more that stopping at Buccees vs. freaking walmart is just not even in the same ballpark as far as everything concerned!

That 'just means more' sign is hilarious. I should drive through campus and see if I can find a UT version!

OP
OP
Madtroniks

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
As a Longhorn, thankfully I will never need to venture farther north than the State Fair for ou reasons, but nice write up!

Could not agree more that stopping at Buccees vs. freaking walmart is just not even in the same ballpark as far as everything concerned!

That 'just means more' sign is hilarious. I should drive through campus and see if I can find a UT version!
I’ll be visiting UT in November to show my son the campus and surrounding area.

Feel free to share pictures of your lighting around UT campus.

I look forward to my trip and being able to stop at Buc-ee’s on the way there.
Sponsored