• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dash 'separating' over instrument panel?

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150L Lariat ER, 23 Mach-E Prem/SR, 90 300zxTT
Occupation
Principal Compiler Engineer
I can't go into the dealer for a bit longer (my wife's car is in the shop for something ELSE for the next week+ at least, and she needs a car every day, so has stolen my Lightning) , but I noticed the other day that the seam between the top of the dash and the plastic liner in front of the instrument panel plastic is separating.

Anyone else have this problem? Is this something that happens enough on the ICE trucks that they'll figure it out?

My "To-complain-about-list" for the dealer is getting somewhat long these days :/
Sponsored

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
I haven't observed this, but the front of the front speaker grill is bowing up, creating an arch on mine.

OP
OP

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I haven't observed this, but the front of the front speaker grill is bowing up, creating an arch on mine.
Yep, I have this as well :/ Got a feeling my local dealer is going to have to order a bunch of parts for me.

Another one I noticed, the rear bumper plastic is 'sagging' in the middle under the tailgate.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Pictures?…….please😎

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I can't go into the dealer for a bit longer (my wife's car is in the shop for something ELSE for the next week+ at least, and she needs a car every day, so has stolen my Lightning) , but I noticed the other day that the seam between the top of the dash and the plastic liner in front of the instrument panel plastic is separating.

Anyone else have this problem? Is this something that happens enough on the ICE trucks that they'll figure it out?

My "To-complain-about-list" for the dealer is getting somewhat long these days :/
Hi there. This panel concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150 Lightning. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I have some quick-set epoxy that says it can be fixed. :)
Probably a better fix than when the brake warning light went on intermittently on my 94 Integra. Black electrical tape fixed that problem (code said right rear wheel abs speed sensor). Sometimes I had abs, usually I didn't. That was OK in ohio (school) but would not be acceptable in Vermont. Thank goodness the fuel lines rusted out before the brake lines. Gas smells like something, brake fluid not so much.

OP
OP

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Here is the speaker grille bowing in the center...

20220907_083913.jpg
Yep, I have exactly that problem too!

THIS is the one I'm talking about though:

Ford F-150 Lightning Dash 'separating' over instrument panel? 286672556_2013697095492242_6260886823068130598_n

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning XLT
Occupation
Insurance executive
I took my Hyundai back to the dealership for so many problems that they told us we weren’t welcome to bring our car in for service anymore even though we have lifetime oil changes. I’m hoping I don’t get kicked out of the Ford dealership service dept For what appears to be many things I am going to have to have fixed based on what I‘m seeing on the Lightning
Sponsored