• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
I got this CSP notice for my Pro… Why Ford did you send this to me!?
just like the updates OTA that talk about screen changes, they send everything to everybody apparently. Pro, XLT owners just get to see the features they are missing out on….You Tube streaming, new icons, feedback button, etc.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My recall completed today....

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
There appears to have been a production lag that week, supply issues waiting for motors???
You went down the line 6/9/2022, so the date at the top of the GVWR sticker still shows 05/22? If so, then that was the ~INTENDED~ build month though it happened a couple weeks later in June.
1695230638449.png

example, pink is build month/year
yellow is original schedule blend day

1695230898486.png
That’s interesting, but problematic for Ford if what you say is true since it is certifying that my truck confirmed to “all Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards as of the manufacture date shown above”, which my compliance label says was May 2022. If the truck actually went down the line on June 9, 2022, would Ford not have made a false certification?

Does Ford need to reissue a bunch of FMVSS certification labels?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
That’s interesting, but problematic for Ford if what you say is true since it is certifying that my truck confirmed to “all Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards as of the manufacture date shown above”, which my compliance label says was May 2022. If the truck actually went down the line on June 9, 2022, would Ford not have made a false certification?

Does Ford need to reissue a bunch of FMVSS certification labels?

Remind me, what is out of compliance??

I don't think intentional fraud or perjury could be found, these stickers are produced in a batch along with the Monroney labels at the time of scheduling to the day (could be wrong), unlikely they are going to reissue stickers because of subsequent modifications.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Remind me, what is out of compliance??

I don't think intentional fraud or perjury could be found, these stickers are produced in a batch along with the Monroney labels at the time of scheduling to the day (could be wrong), unlikely they are going to reissue stickers because of subsequent modifications.
I am not saying that Ford intended to commit fraud or perjury - although at least one federal regulatory agency defines intent as merely doing the act even if you did not intend to do the act.

The problem is that the certification label states that the vehicle complies with FMVSS as of a date certain, which is the date that the vehicle was manufactured. If it was in fact manufactured at a later date, that could be problematic - and even more so if there had been a change in a FMVSS since the effective date of changes do not necessarily coincide with model year change overs.

Of course, what is considered the manufacture date? Is it the date that it is planned to go down the assembly line or the date that it comes off the assembly line. From my experience with fire apparatus and ambulances, it is the latter (and those vehicles take weeks or months to get through the manufacturing process). If I am correct, then Ford may need to reissue its compliance labels. The problem is, we really don’t know when our vehicles physically went down the assembly line and whether the ensuing time was for quality control or the installation of a missing part. But if you are correct that my truck was actually built on or about June 9, 2022, then I would think that the label needs to be reissued for it and any other similarity situated trucks.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
But if you are correct that my truck was actually built on or about June 9, 2022, then I would think that the label needs to be reissued for it and any other similarity situated trucks.
Given the intermittency of getting builds rolling ontime with supply interruptions production pauses , etc ..... often tied to launching a new product, I doubt FoMoCo is going to reissue these stickers, I suppose "going forward" they can print the sticker for the door jamb as the vehicle exits the main line, with the date at the bottom being the moment it's literally printed.
Sponsored