Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired
Hello all,
I'm getting close to placing an order. I recently ran across a truck almost exactly as the one I have built and its available now. Only problem is its a chrome package. I really want the sport as I'm not too keen on all the chrome. I think I read on one of the posts some where that you can get the bumpers wrapped? what about the handles, side vents, and grill? I really dont want to go down the plasti dip route. The wheels I dont mind much because I will be replacing them with black wheels. Just wanted to see if anyone had the same problem and came up with a viable, cost effective solution.
Thanks!
Sponsored

daytpwr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I waited to get a sporys package for the same reason.I don't think in the end you will be happy with the chrome because you can't get rid of it all.

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
You can get the whole thing wrapped. Want it to change colors in different lighting, matte, metallic, decals. You can make the vehicle look completely different, like it's a completely custom paint job only it costs a lot less. The side vents would probably have to be switched out with the black ones. I'd do a search for local vehicle wrap shops and see what they do. They'll probably focus on ads for company vehicles but they probably do custom stuff too. If you have instagram look up wrap_mogul, they've done 3 of my cousin's cars.

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
Are you ok with the other differences? Like not getting the console shifter?

OP
OP

wilmaj32

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired
Are you ok with the other differences? Like not getting the console shifter?
Its a Lariat and has the console shifter.

Sponsored

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 5.0
I ended up with Chrome as the only way I could get all my other options. I was dead set against it but now I have it (with SHINY 22inch wheels) I'm quite ok with it and really happy with the interior color (no red dash/door inserts).... The wife loves it and wants me to put big wheels on it so overall happy with it as it is...

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I ended up with Chrome as the only way I could get all my other options. I was dead set against it but now I have it (with SHINY 22inch wheels) I'm quite ok with it and really happy with the interior color (no red dash/door inserts).... The wife loves it and wants me to put big wheels on it so overall happy with it as it is...
I'm in the same boat, I just let the options I wanted dictate whether or not I got chrome. Going into the build I didn't want it, but the more I see the old man's superduty, the more I'm okay with the order.

Ford F-150 Lightning De-chroming Chrome Package? 20200904_121915

Ford F-150 Lightning De-chroming Chrome Package? Screenshot_20210319-221637_Gallery

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
I was in the same boat, haven’t had a vehicle with chrome in 20+ years. But to get the options I wanted I had to get chrome. Once I got it home, I really liked it, so she is going to stay chrome.

Roadking71865

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
Sales
I waited to get a sporys package for the same reason.I don't think in the end you will be happy with the chrome because you can't get rid of it all.
Hello all,
I'm getting close to placing an order. I recently ran across a truck almost exactly as the one I have built and its available now. Only problem is its a chrome package. I really want the sport as I'm not too keen on all the chrome. I think I read on one of the posts some where that you can get the bumpers wrapped? what about the handles, side vents, and grill? I really dont want to go down the plasti dip route. The wheels I dont mind much because I will be replacing them with black wheels. Just wanted to see if anyone had the same problem and came up with a viable, cost effective solution.
Thanks!
Can you have grill, rear placard, mirror caps and running boards painted? I have 2021 Platinum due in. I've had chrome for 11 yrs. and need a change but love the Platinum.

longbow42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8L, Ford F150 Platinum PowerBoost
Can you have grill, rear placard, mirror caps and running boards painted? I have 2021 Platinum due in. I've had chrome for 11 yrs. and need a change but love the Platinum.
Absolutely you can, but it will cost you.
Sponsored