• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Disappointed in B&O Unleashed

TexasTrash

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Space White V8
Occupation
Pipeline Controller
I did play "24K Magic by Bruno Mars" this morning in my truck, turned up to 25, and it sounded amazing! Really depends on the music source and quality, but I would say I'm impressed as well.
Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I did play "24K Magic by Bruno Mars" this morning in my truck, turned up to 25, and it sounded amazing! Really depends on the music source and quality, but I would say I'm impressed as well.
I agree. Depends on the content or source.

FirstF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PB
I just got my truck a couple of weeks ago after a long wait… I’m a self proclaimed audiophile and have been VERY impressed with the unleashed system considering that it’s a factory offering. Like others have said, the center channel is a bit overbearing in surround mode and it helps to fade the sound a couple of “steps” towards the rear.

I’m not sure what service you all are using for music but as has been said SiriusXM sound quality is awful/circa prehistoric times and FM radio isn’t far ahead….

Try spotify premium with the free trial… you’ll never turn back. Ensure that in settings you do the following and I’m sure all of your worries about the potential of the unleashed system will melt away along with your inner ear.

1) Go to Settings -> Playback -> Volume Level -> Select LOUD
2) Go to Settings -> Audio Quality -> Select VERY HIGH for Wifi, Cellular, and Download (Auto is ok for streaming as well but it often will limit itself to High)

If you have Amazon Prime, Amazon Music is also a solid option but doesn’t deliver the consistent quality that Spotify offers. If you can afford a new truck and are complaining about the system’s quality give it a shot. Spend the $10/month on Spotify and thank me later.

Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I just got my truck a couple of weeks ago after a long wait… I’m a self proclaimed audiophile and have been VERY impressed with the unleashed system considering that it’s a factory offering. Like others have said, the center channel is a bit overbearing in surround mode and it helps to fade the sound a couple of “steps” towards the rear.

I’m not sure what service you all are using for music but as has been said SiriusXM sound quality is awful/circa prehistoric times and FM radio isn’t far ahead….

Try spotify premium with the free trial… you’ll never turn back. Ensure that in settings you do the following and I’m sure all of your worries about the potential of the unleashed system will melt away along with your inner ear.

2) Go to Settings -> Audio Quality -> Select VERY HIGH for Wifi, Cellular, and Download (Auto is ok for streaming as well but it often will limit itself to High)

If you have Amazon Prime, Amazon Music is also a solid option but doesn’t deliver the consistent quality that Spotify offers. If you can afford a new truck and are complaining about the system’s quality give it a shot. Spend the $10/month on Spotify and thank me later.
Sold...
Check it out tomorrow.
I'm definitely disappointed in
Sirrius.
I have Amazon, it's pretty good most of the time.

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
I can second the Spotify endorsement. Uncanny selection and good quality music at a decent price. Very user friendly. You'll like it Sonny!

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I can second the Spotify endorsement. Uncanny selection and good quality music at a decent price. Very user friendly. You'll like it Sonny!
Look forward to trying it..
Thanks..

David Gordon

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Oilfield
I’ve been pleased with mine so far but had kids in the truck so didn’t crank it up. I’d like to hear what the diagnosis is.

One question: Can you hear sound from the headrest speaker because we can’t hear anything from them.
No sound from my headrest, definitely not as loud as GM BOSE

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch

Ok, I had the free Spotify, I'm not sure I'm hearing any difference between the free and premium.
Should Spotify show up in Audio Sources?? The Premium looks just like the free version.
I guess I have the Premium.
How can you tell?
Seems it should be found in sources..
I'm having to play it from my phone and that's a pain in
the ***..
Just doesn't seem like a great upgrade unless I'm missing something.
Will come back in one month and give it a thumbs up or a thumbs down.

Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Ok, I had the free Spotify, I'm not sure I'm hearing any difference between the free and premium.
Should Spotify show up in Audio Sources?? The Premium looks just like the free version.
I guess I have the Premium.
How can you tell?
Seems it should be found in sources..
I'm having to play it from my phone and that's a pain in
the ***..
Just doesn't seem like a great upgrade unless I'm missing something.
Will come back in one month and give it a thumbs up or a thumbs down.
Also, I'm having to turn it up louder for Spotify.
I set it to loud and highest quality.
All the settings that were recommended.
Hoping I'm doing something wrong.
Sirius sounds the same as Spotify to me.
Both sound good but Sirius is more user friendly for me..
Jmho

FirstF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PB
Hey Sonny, it depends on how you’re trying to stream. Are you using apple carplay? Android auto? Bluetooth?

My recommendation is to use CarPlay via a USB cable. This avoids any lag/bitrate issues associated with wireless. You will be able to navigate the app via your touchscreen. If you save “favorite” playlists or stations they’ll be easily accessible via your touchscreen.

I’m sure your salesman or dealership you purchased your truck from would be willing to spend some time with you to give you a good rundown on all of the features.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Hey Sonny, it depends on how you’re trying to stream. Are you using apple carplay? Android auto? Bluetooth?

My recommendation is to use CarPlay via a USB cable. This avoids any lag/bitrate issues associated with wireless. You will be able to navigate the app via your touchscreen. If you save “favorite” playlists or stations they’ll be easily accessible via your touchscreen.

I’m sure your salesman or dealership you purchased your truck from would be willing to spend some time with you to give you a good rundown on all of the features.
I was using BT, I'll try it using Android Auto with USB cable.
I rarely ever use Android Auto.
Maybe I should use it more.

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor

I tried to make adjustments based on your post in the settings, however, there is no path in settings as you described? When in Settings, I do not see Payback, Volume setting select loud or settings audio quality and so on as you described. I'm I missing something

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Wireless CarPlay uses WiFi as its link. Bluetooth is the most limited, WiFi transmits more data. So I believe wireless CarPlay currently can do lossless AAC but probably not hi res 24-bit. Even 16/44 is CD quality and pretty decent for a car.
Sponsored