Sponsored

DO NOT BRING LIGHNING IN FOR RECALLS! Truck is dead at dealer.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Apparently if you have them update the APIM, the toggles are supposed to appear.
Was hoping so, but APIM was included in the modules they updated for the CSP so maybe that version just hasn't been released for my truck yet. In any case, happy WAL is active and works. Switch is secondary :cool:
Sponsored

Jodokk

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Professor
I had my CSPs done on my 22 last week with no issues. Truck is back in the shop this week because, following an AC compressor issue, the tech either fried or failed to reconnect the steering module. I’m having them update the BCM so walk away locks are active with PAK while there. I don’t expect any issues, but bad luck is always out there lurking🤷
That's good to hear, I'm going in next week for frunk issues.

OP
OP

RDeFran

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra 3500HD AT4 SRW Duramax, 2010 M3
Occupation
Technician
I think you should contact USA Today and have them do a "here is the rest of the story" follow-up article. (This is not a joke ... I am serious. )
I really do love the truck. not one single issue before this.

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
'22 here. No issues with the front brake sensor update. It was in-and-out of the dealer same day. Is this a tech training issue and not a software flaw?

Sponsored

CD4TNF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning ER
Frunk reprogramming?
Frunk recall and the front parking sensor. Recall work was fine. I felt BlueCruise was more stable after the update. 🤷

I'm going to bow out of the emotionally charged discussion.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I can’t fully explain it myself, but clearly there is something wrong with how massive the updates are and what it does to the 12 V battery.

People on this very forum that have used adapters to get the updates themselves, they have had to invest in some heavy duty battery chargers to keep their battery alive during these updates.

Even the smaller portion that is done during the recall, is causing issues with people because Ford is not putting their battery on a charger and the 12 V battery is crashing.

I’ve got update scheduled for next week. I’m so nervous because my truck has been fine lol but I really want the latest features it has.
Set your expectations for 2-3 days so you don't get stuck when you need it. Hopefully no serious issues like @RDeFran had opening this thread! Hope his case gets solved soon.
Sponsored