Sponsored

DO NOT BRING LIGHNING IN FOR RECALLS! Truck is dead at dealer.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
I don't know. They somehow did the BlueCruise update on our Mach-E OTA. I can't imagine why they could do it on one and not the other.
I can’t fully explain it myself, but clearly there is something wrong with how massive the updates are and what it does to the 12 V battery.

People on this very forum that have used adapters to get the updates themselves, they have had to invest in some heavy duty battery chargers to keep their battery alive during these updates.

Even the smaller portion that is done during the recall, is causing issues with people because Ford is not putting their battery on a charger and the 12 V battery is crashing.

I’ve got update scheduled for next week. I’m so nervous because my truck has been fine lol but I really want the latest features it has.
Sponsored

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
And yet, Tesla can push monthly OTA updates to the entire car in 30 minutes without external power. IDK how Ford manages to make this stuff SOOOOO complicated and failure prone. The dealer shops must hate this stuff.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
12 V battery is crashing.
My 23 is fine, have had it through 2 winters and have received all of the ota updates without issue. The most important CSP for this being the bms which was the cause of a lot of battery problems. If you don't have it done then any complaints about battery health are moot.

EliPNW

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, Shopping for Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
I can’t fully explain it myself, but clearly there is something wrong with how massive the updates are and what it does to the 12 V battery.

People on this very forum that have used adapters to get the updates themselves, they have had to invest in some heavy duty battery chargers to keep their battery alive during these updates.

Even the smaller portion that is done during the recall, is causing issues with people because Ford is not putting their battery on a charger and the 12 V battery is crashing.

I’ve got update scheduled for next week. I’m so nervous because my truck has been fine lol but I really want the latest features it has.
I am right there with you. Sensor and Frunk are scheduled for next Friday... so they have about another week of "learning" on other people's trucks. The only thing that gives me hope is that my dealer appears to understand the challenges; someone originally scheduled me with a "regular" tech, but then I got a call from the manager, saying he would be moving my appt as he only trusts their EV tech to do the work.

How long did it take for people who successfully completed the two CSPs? I am being advised that it takes a minimum of two hours, but it may take longer.

Sponsored

Jif1025

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum Edition
Occupation
Criminal Lawyer
I had my CSPs done on my 22 last week with no issues. Truck is back in the shop this week because, following an AC compressor issue, the tech either fried or failed to reconnect the steering module. I’m having them update the BCM so walk away locks are active with PAK while there. I don’t expect any issues, but bad luck is always out there lurking🤷

Ry2023

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning
Sorry to hear that guys … my dealer has been total opposite … they’ve been great …I wonder if some dealers don’t have their mechanics trained on the ev side of things

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Had them do the updates on my 22 while I was away on vacation. They already had it for the bed camera, so I emailed the SA and asked to have these knocked out while they had it. A day later he said it was ready (I was still 2 days out from returning). Only glitch seems to be they didn't run the 360 camera config tool or something. Nothing super big. Was easy to get the full size back with FORScan (no cost to me). Just learned the menu should be updated but since it all works, I'm not concerned. It'll get updated soon enough.

Was mileage over going the lemon law route? If I'm told the part doesn't even exist, I'd be asking Ford for a buy back and if/when denied (cuz they always deny, right?) start blasting them on social media. That ain't right. It was bad enough folk would have to wait weeks for a battery module, but at least you knew those where being produced. It sounds like they are claiming some kind of custom part??? What the heck?!

GeneP

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat
Took my 23 Lariat in for front sensor update and SA says there is a frunk update also. Front sensor update failed. They replace the Image Processor module saying it would not update. Got the new IPM and they had to try repeatedly to get it to program. 11 days later they finally said it was ready.
Simple updates = many days of frustration. OTA updates have always worked.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired

Sponsored

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Best part, I don't know how many of you saw the front page article on USA Today and many affiliate newspapers last year, but that is me and my Lightning on the front cover.
I think you should contact USA Today and have them do a "here is the rest of the story" follow-up article. (This is not a joke ... I am serious. )

Wattsgas

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum, Ford F250, Rivian R1S
I had the two recalls/csp completed at my dealer on my 22 platinum. (front sensors and frunk reprogramming) During the update the 12 volt battery died. The dealerships charger also died. The service tech hooked up his diesel ram pickup to maintain the 12 volt. The truck has been fine since the update. Had to reprogram the radio and reset a couple of the preferences like adaptive cruise and the like.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
It took my dealer 2 days to do CSP 24B56 on my 2023 Lariat ER. OTA isn't an option for this one, at least not yet. My dealer is pretty good but they ran into a number of issues applying this one.

All good so far - Walk-away-Lock is now active as an unexpected bonus, although there is no switch for it in settings.

Ford is still struggling with software update processes. I hope it improves with future EVs.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I've got a 22, I have been lazy about the BMS CSP, mostly because I have never had any issues at all. I've got the latest OTA with the new icons and such... I might just take it in for inspection and some tires and tell them not to do anything else.
Sponsored