Sponsored

DO NOT BRING LIGHNING IN FOR RECALLS! Truck is dead at dealer.

PuckDucker

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT, 2024 Tesla Model Y LR AWD
I don't know. They somehow did the BlueCruise update on our Mach-E OTA. I can't imagine why they could do it on one and not the other.
I can imagine: Ford is so siloed in their operations, that it wouldn't surprise me to find out that they have one group of SW engineers for Mach-E and one for Lightning. And those groups are not allowed to talk to each other.
Sponsored

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I planned to have my dealer pick up my truck and do this sensor update and the 10,000 mile.
They no longer pick up vehicles (people shortage).
They offered a mobile service...sure.
Then they called and said the mobile vehicle doesn't have the right jack for the lightning.
I didn't ask questions.

After reading all of this, I'm in no hurry.

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
I planned to have my dealer pick up my truck and do this sensor update and the 10,000 mile.
They no longer pick up vehicles (people shortage).
They offered a mobile service...sure.
Then they called and said the mobile vehicle doesn't have the right jack for the lightning.
I didn't ask questions.

After reading all of this, I'm in no hurry.
I did the same thing requesting mobile service as I had done with the BMS CSP and they said that I had to bring it in for this one. I was also getting the 10,000 mile service (rotate tires and look at stuff is all that is done with the 10,000 mile service ) done as well, so I took it in last Tuesday and picked it up last Thursday without any issues except that I asked them to be sure to get the BCM update done and was assured that it would be done (They told me all current updates would be done) but it was not done!

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Damn...I have been waiting until I got back from my cross country road trip to get all my recall work done. Im finally back, but this thread just makes me want to wait even longer. My truck is still running 4.1.3 and has been problem free (or at least any problem that I couldn't solve with a simple 12V reset) I made it all the way across the country and back without issue, other than my dumbass running out of battery in South Dakota!

If I didn't have water in my rear lightbar, I wouldn't even be considering going in, but now I'm torn. Do I risk my truck being bricked? Or do I just wait it out? Is there gonna be an issue for me warranty wise if I hold off on the work? (I know the magnuson-moss warranty act and all that, but they can still try to give me a hard time)

It's just frustrating having to choose between having the work done and having my truck being made worse and less functional.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Sitting on a stack of 4-5 recall/TSB's and this is exactly why I'm in no rush. I'll bring my truck in right before warranty is up to have all that handled.
Same here. Are you sitting on the rear lightbar recall as well?
Sponsored