• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Driver-side window

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
Don't know what level of tint is on the rear windows but the front driver and passenger windows decidedly less tint. My arm gets burned (I'm pretty sensitive to sunlight) - looking to protect with tinting - any experience out there with this - recommendations?
Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally ordered
Front windows aren't tinted from the factory. I would recommend getting the tint shop to apply whatever is max legal in your state. Also the tint on the back windows and rear window is just "privacy glass", so if you want heat rejection, you will need them done too.

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
Unless you have vision issues, go with the legal limit in your state. If Maryland is still the way it was when I grew up there, the cops are pretty aggressive about tint that is darker than legal limit.

I have 5% all the way around (except windshield), and have for all of my vehicles going back to the 90s. But then I live on the surface of the sun, so it's justified. :cool:

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE (sold). F150L Platinum
If you're in the MoCo area, Tint Shop 1986 in Rockville is great. Feel free to walk in there with no idea what to do and they'll walk you through it.

Usually what I do is tint the front glass to match the rears and leave the rears alone.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Tint shop
Tint wizard
Tints r us
Jim Bob's tint and wrap
Some random dude on craigslist.
Buy cheap tint on amazon and DIY.

If you are sensitive to sunlight and burning through car windows you really should be wearing protective clothing or sunblock spf 50 or higher.

Sponsored

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Get Ceramic Tint. Done. Color won't matter.

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)
I thought the front windows were 70% transmission but more importantly laminated glass like the windshield which should be blocking just about all the UV-A and UV-B due to the PVB layer sandwiched between the two pieces of glass.

Have people been sunburnt in the front seats of the Lightning?

OP
OP

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
Thanks for all your help. Went with Phantom S9 film (40%) on front windows and 70% on windshield.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Front windows aren't tinted from the factory. I would recommend getting the tint shop to apply whatever is max legal in your state. Also the tint on the back windows and rear window is just "privacy glass", so if you want heat rejection, you will need them done too.
Alas, In NY the legal limit is effectively factory. No aftermarket tint is legal (pretty much, I am sure there are some exceptions).

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Last edited:

Sponsored

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
Since I haven't seen it mentioned here: YOu can get film for the windshield that introduces minimal actual tint effect, but still adds significant heat rejection. The stuff really works.

Also, don't forget to do the sunroof glass, if you have it. It makes a big difference in how much heat gets through to the top of your head, even with the opaque cover closed. I live in Vegas, so I can attest, major difference.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Right - that is why I said effectively. Since most vehicles come from the factory around 80%, you really can't add anything and still be legal.
At least you can get highly transmissible film with a high level of UV blocking.
Sponsored