• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Drivers and passenger window flapping noise while up

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I've had my Lightning for just over two weeks now and have noticed the same issue. At higher speeds I notice a flapping and clapping sound. If I push on the driver side window it will go away. Has anyone had any luck getting a solution? Thanks
Hey there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Antdaddy

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black Lariat
Occupation
Tech
@Lucasw. I took my truck to dealership and they are looking at it but seems hard to duplicate it but glad I made the video. No fix yet. I did open a case with Ford also as was suggested.

Lucasw

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Dentist
@Lucasw. I took my truck to dealership and they are looking at it but seems hard to duplicate it but glad I made the video. No fix yet. I did open a case with Ford also as was suggested.
Your video was great! I actually showed it to the techs yesterday but, like you said, they weren't able to duplicate it. Of course, I heard it on my drive home 😔. I've learned I can roll the window down then up a few times and it will stop.

OP
OP

Antdaddy

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black Lariat
Occupation
Tech
Latest Status…local Ford Service is refusing to contact Ford corporate engineers with out the local Ford service being able to duplicate this intermittent probe. Even though they have the video that they could send engineers and at least pick their brain on the problem.

OP
OP

Antdaddy

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black Lariat
Occupation
Tech
update,
Had truck back for over a week now and no more flapping. The inner window top run insulation was replaced on both front windows. The shop foreman admitted it’s a known f150 issue.

Sponsored

ChaChi

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 platinum Lightning
Occupation
Solutions Engineer
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Lightning concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
I just purchased a 23 platinum Lightning , and have this problem as well.

TerryNelsen

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Electrician
I've had my Lightning for just over two weeks now and have noticed the same issue. At higher speeds I notice a flapping and clapping sound. If I push on the driver side window it will go away. Has anyone had any luck getting a solution? Thanks
Mine does the same thing.

SmithJ

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150
Occupation
Construction
update,
Had truck back for over a week now and no more flapping. The inner window top run insulation was replaced on both front windows. The shop foreman admitted it’s a known f150 issue.
Did this fix your issue, and do you have a part number?

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
I have this problem too. it is intermittent.
Sponsored